Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Equipment on Model 3 Performance - Conflicting Info Found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear brakes on the Model 3 Performance have never had monoblock calipers. I think the only difference in the rear calipers from other Model 3s is the color. The rotors on the Performance are different since they are two piece instead of one however.

The rear brakes on the Model 3 Performance have never had monoblock calipers. I think the only difference in the rear calipers from other Model 3s is the color. The rotors on the Performance are different since they are two piece instead of one however.
To be fair I don't think you can ever count anything out with Tesla. It appears they will ship out anything to make meet their quarter end numbers. That's why we need to see photos.

My rear brakes are definitely the brembo (mid Jan 2023), I would prefer the Mandos TBH but you're not going to see this change any time soon. They were never monoblock- they were sliding caliper brembos done up to aesthetically match the front fixed calipers. Maybe with Highland we'll see Tesla do one brake system for all on the 3, but not today.

You're not going to see this kind of cost reduction any time soon, reason it happened on the Y is that the front and rear brake diameters (and indeed the front calipers) were always identical between LR and P. The LR setup on the Y was already just as good as the P setup for almost everything, P rotors have slightly more thermal mass on the Y but they are not the steel/iron composite the 3 has, and they never were. 3P is still a fair bit uprated from the 3LR.