Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I installed the new screen in my MY2023 Model Y LR. I like the way it looks, however, after working for about 25min it just went to black (turned off apparently). It has come on randomly a couple of times since but never for more than 5min. Has that happened to anyone else?
I'd be grateful for an ideas as far as troubleshooting goes.

Yesterday I installed the new screen in my MY2023 Model Y LR. I like the way it looks, however, after working for about 25min it just went to black (turned off apparently). It has come on randomly a couple of times since but never for more than 5min. Has that happened to anyone else?
I'd be grateful for an ideas as far as troubleshooting goes.
I presume you checked the ground and power connections carefully, including the connectors under the dash behind the unit.

I'm still having issues with my new 10.25" unit not always playing audio in my car unless I tweak the BT icon on my center screen to wake it up. Also, when phone calls come in on CarPlay, I answer and hear nothing for some reason. But I can pull up a phone voicemail and listen to it fine.
I’m having the same issue with there being no phone audio coming through the car or screen speaker when a call comes through CarPlay. Mine is setup with CarPlay connected to my phone and the Hansshow screen connected to my Tesla Bluetooth which fixes the music audio issue that I was having. Did you manage to find a solution to the phone audio coming through the car speakers?

Thank you!
I’ve got a 2021 M3P RHD and if you look under the bumper around 20cm to the left of centre there is a small hole that you can feed the camera cable through to the frunk. It does make the camera cable a bit on the short side if you mount the camera on the centre of your bumper so use some insulation tape to stop the cables from pulling apart.

I still have not been able to use my phone with the Hansshow display. Just tried again and no solution. In fact, I can't use my iphone at all in the car when the display is paired to the car. Tried pairing the phone with the car, which causes the Hansshow to un-pair, but that wasn't successful either. To use my phone, I had to exit the car completely. Any suggestions welcome!

I still have not been able to use my phone with the Hansshow display. Just tried again and no solution. In fact, I can't use my iphone at all in the car when the display is paired to the car. Tried pairing the phone with the car, which causes the Hansshow to un-pair, but that wasn't successful either. To use my phone, I had to exit the car completely. Any suggestions welcome!
See my update today in the other similar thread on this topic: New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

But wait, there's more! I just came across this recent video by Shiva, where he discusses how to keep your phone paired to the car for phone functions. It is at about the 15'26" part of the video.
I haven't tried to implement it yet. Since my phone is already paired full time to my watch it may prevent Shiva's recommended dual BT connection in the car.

Has anyone had an issue with not having internet connection even though the display says you have signal. I initially installed a sim that apparently had an entire phone plan and it worked fine, but was also more expensive. I then swapped it out for a data sim and now it shows that I have signal but whenever I try anything it says there's no network. Both Sims are for att and the display works fine when connected to wifi.

Attachments

• 20230114_134623.jpg
    20230114_134623.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230114_134701.jpg
    20230114_134701.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230114_134639.jpg
    20230114_134639.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 50
Getting ready to replace my 9” Linux display with this one. So I’m happy to join this sub!

Where did you all install the GPS and 4g antennas? I’ve seen two videos one placed it toward the windshield and another placed them both under the trim around the A pillar.

Also, on Intel cars, after connecting the usual MCU plug, are the battery power and ground leads necessary or is the power from the MCU connection enough (same setup as Linux display) if they’re necessary, did you run them through the same firewall hole as the camera lead? I previously grounded my power trunk in the passenger footwell, not sure if I can use that same grounding point for two items, I think it’s ok but if not then where did you ground?

Not using a SIM yet, but will be soon, waiting on my freebie from TMobile.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Possible to watch youtube on the screen?
I think this is possible thru the google play store, on the android side (not android auto, but the underlying OS) As far as I know, and in my experiences, CarPlay does not allow video at all, it will play the audio from YouTube while driving but you’ll have to play the video from your device first.