Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to install the 10.25 inch screen on my 2023 Ryzen Model 3 and have got everything down EXCEPT the power cables thru the firewall. How do you exactly do this part? I'm losing my mind on trying to get this part down lol...

1) Do you use a wire fish? I have fiberglass ones that seem way to stiff. Do I need a more flexible one?
2) Do you wire fish from frunk to passenger footwell or from passenger footwell to the frunk?
3) Does the wire path go thru the bulkhead on the right side of the passenger footwell toward the passenger front door wire grommets?

See photos of the grommet I'm trying to pass through and of the bulkhead I was talking about in my above post.

20230317_165041.jpg

Attachments

• 20230317_165018.jpg
    20230317_165018.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 66
Hi guys!

I am beginning to research adding a Heads up display to my 2023 M3P.
I am comparing units from Hanshow and some on Amazon. I am looking to get either 9 inch or 10 inch
Hoping to find someone that has installed one recently as Hanshow seems to keep updating the models.
I found some YouTube videos and seems some are outdated. I contacted Hanshow and they recommend this model
After further researching finding most are very similar if not same units.
Any help is greatly appreciated !

Please help! Is it possible to play music or videos through the instrument cluster's internal speaker? Despite trying all the settings, I cannot get the sound to come from the device's speaker. The only option is to connect to Tesla's Bluetooth and play the music via Tesla's speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please help! Is it possible to play music or videos through the instrument cluster's internal speaker? Despite trying all the settings, I cannot get the sound to come from the device's speaker. The only option is to connect to Tesla's Bluetooth and play the music via Tesla's speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same question here.
I have installed it thinking on activate a radar advisor standalone app…
And no way to hear notifications with built in speakers??

Just uploaded a full install video on this display if anyone is interested in tackling it, it may be slightly unorthodox but it’s pretty thorough, when I was installing mine i was unsure about where to pass through the firewall, so I made sure to cover that.

My display is from Satonic, but they are all the same.

Constructive criticism is always welcome 😬 I’m just starting to create content so go easy on me!
Saw the Satonic display on Ali is cheaper than Hansshow right now. Is it better just to buy from Satonic?

Reactions: PauliePucks
Saw the Satonic display on Ali is cheaper than Hansshow right now. Is it better just to buy from Satonic?
Customer service is way better from Satonic. In my case, it turned out that I bent a pin in the SIM card slot when i tried installing the SIM. Satonic repaired it for me at no cost, and they even gave me the shipping charges I paid to return the screen (I did have to ship it to Hong Kong, cost me $43 and $3.00 in duties) in store credit and they got the screen back to me super fast too (got a new one). The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Customer service is way better from Satonic. In my case, it turned out that I bent a pin in the SIM card slot when i tried installing the SIM. Satonic repaired it for me at no cost, and they even gave me the shipping charges I paid to return the screen (I did have to ship it to Hong Kong, cost me $43 and $3.00 in duties) in store credit and they got the screen back to me super fast too (got a new one). The whole process took about 2 weeks.
How's the audio delay when watching videos?

How's the audio delay when watching videos?
It’s there, there are sliders to adjust it but i really don’t watch videos on it (except rangers games when they’re on). What’s strange is most of the streaming apps I have don’t work with the built in speaker - I have tried to figure it out. not sure if it’s a Bluetooth thing or what.

Finally figured it out today, so ignore my previous posts!

But I do have a new question... how in the heck do you re-seat the rubber grommet back into the firewall?
I feel your pain. I struggled for a long time trying to get the power wire and the front camera cable through the firewall. (Although firewall may be a misnomer, because there is no IC engine.) Almost all the videos on this subject are WRONG, because they apply to older M3's. All the holes that use to be there are non-existent anymore. I tried piercing the grommet through which you used, but I had difficulty seeing both sides. It seemed like the passenger side of the grommet was hidden behind the main computer enclosure, even when I removed the glovebox and airbag. I went through the grommet on the driver's side, since there are less OEM wires passing through it. And don't go around the outside of the grommet as was suggested in another video. That's a BAD IDEA. See the video link below for driver's side grommet puncture:

Unfortunately, my alternate route required splicing and running the power wire and video cable separately from the main cable. I actually was able to pierce the little "nubbins" along the periphery of the grommet, which are still insulated and protected from the metal punched out hole in the firewall. Again, unfortunately, I had to cut the video cable to get it through the new hole in the grommet, since the connector is so large, and then I reattached the video cable wires and shield. The latter is not so easy, unless you are use to reattaching video cables containing 3 wires, an aluminum shield and a ground wire. And I might point out that there is no easy way to connect to the positive terminal on the newer Tesla Model 3 vehicles. What's with that goofy flat positive plate with the grooves and the plastic cap? It wasn't easy to fit a metric M3 bolt, star washer, modified lug, and a locking nut inside that red plastic cap.

I would also advise to try to avoid removing the airbags, since this turned out to be a nightmare. There are held in place with e10 External TORX bolts and RED ThreadLock. This requires the use of e10 sockets which I assume most people don't have,. I eventually had to purchase an excellent socket from Amazon:

Hazet 850-E10 Socket 1/4" Square Torx E10)​

The cheaper ones from local stores are worthless, because they don't grab the entire bolt. If you reuse the e10 bolts, then you have to clean the threads with acetone and an M6 die, and then clean out the anchor holes with an M6 tap. You really can't properly torque the bolts to 8 Newton-Meters unless you clean the threaded holes. Oh yeah, most of us don't have a torque wrench that goes that low. Another expense. You could just buy new bolts from Tesla (59 cents), but they are not as hard as the originals (metric property scale 8.8), and they have the BLUE ThradLock.

In answer to your last question it is very easy to dislodge those large grommets which I know all too well. You have to just grab the edges with your fingertips and go around the perimeter of the grommet about an inch at a time. If you lubricate the wires first with a a silicone grease that is compatible with wire insulation, it is less likely to dislodge the grommet.

Does anyone's screen sort of 'jiggle' whenever on a bump-ish road?

I recently bought the 9' version and even on a regular road it seems to bouce up and down a bit.
Nope - did you check the metal/plastic bracket on the underside of the dash, where the tiny screws go?

Make sure you didn’t strip the plastic or crack those pieces that the screws connect to. If any of them are broken it could cause the display to wobble. This can happen if you over tightened them during install

Nope - did you check the metal/plastic bracket on the underside of the dash, where the tiny screws go?

Make sure you didn’t strip the plastic or crack those pieces that the screws connect to. If any of them are broken it could cause the display to wobble. This can happen if you over tightened them during install
Nope. I was pretty careful to make them snug yet not over tighten. I also pushed down quite hard to 'seat' the screen but it wouldn't go down anymore so I am sure it is seated properly.

Also, my 10.25 version running Linux seems to have the same issue here where the headlight on is displayed incorrectly. Any guess if the current Hansshow firmware fix for the 9' version will work with the 10.25 version?
The 10.25” should be running android? I haven’t seen a 10.25” Linux yet (please post link if you have it!)

As a rule of thumb these software updates are verrrrrrrry finicky, I would definitely not try to use the 9” update on the 10.25 screen, even if they do both happen to be Linux. Best best is to check w hansshow for a hardware specific update

The 10.25” should be running android? I haven’t seen a 10.25” Linux yet (please post link if you have it!)

As a rule of thumb these software updates are verrrrrrrry finicky, I would definitely not try to use the 9” update on the 10.25 screen, even if they do both happen to be Linux. Best best is to check w hansshow for a hardware specific update
Just bought from Amazon and appears to be a very early 1st gen model.This is it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJLB3PVD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Just bought from Amazon and appears to be a very early 1st gen model.This is it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJLB3PVD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Interesting. I would try to contact the seller for an update, but I doubt you’ll have much success. This is similar to buying one off AliExpress, there’s a bunch of different sellers but most of them disappear after sale for any help. Can’t say the big vendors are much better but at least they have been posting updates on their websites lately.