Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just uploaded a full install video on this display if anyone is interested in tackling it, it may be slightly unorthodox but it’s pretty thorough, when I was installing mine i was unsure about where to pass through the firewall, so I made sure to cover that.

My display is from Satonic, but they are all the same.

Constructive criticism is always welcome 😬 I’m just starting to create content so go easy on me!
Interesting. I notice in your video that the floating display box does not show in full screen. Myself and some others have had issues trying to turn off that box. I wonder if it is because your display was sourced directly from Satonic?

Reactions: Sam Chuang
Interesting. I notice in your video that the floating display box does not show in full screen. Myself and some others have had issues trying to turn off that box. I wonder if it is because your display was sourced directly from Satonic?
It’s possible? Are you talking about the floating speedo? There was an option to turn that off in my settings. My SIM card came in today I am going to try to shoot a feature rundown this weekend as there’s so much to unpack with this display. I will definitely try to do a segment on that setting for you guys.

On a side - little issues here and there, but I am really loving it and I’m hoping the potential it has is expanded with OTA updates. If they can mimic the model X gauges it would be amazing. The autopilot nudge is a super awesome bonus, I did a video on that because I was very impressed by that addition.

Happy to test out anything on my Satonic unit to compare!

It’s possible? Are you talking about the floating speedo? There was an option to turn that off in my settings. My SIM card came in today I am going to try to shoot a feature rundown this weekend as there’s so much to unpack with this display. I will definitely try to do a segment on that setting for you guys.

On a side - little issues here and there, but I am really loving it and I’m hoping the potential it has is expanded with OTA updates. If they can mimic the model X gauges it would be amazing. The autopilot nudge is a super awesome bonus, I did a video on that because I was very impressed by that addition.

Happy to test out anything on my Satonic unit to compare!
Yup, the floating speedo box that appears in full screen. Myself and others have tried turning it off in settings, but as soon as you exit settings, it comes back on. It appears to be a weird bug, and Hansshow has been completely incompetent in trying to resolve it.

• Informative
Reactions: PauliePucks
Yup, the floating speedo box that appears in full screen. Myself and others have tried turning it off in settings, but as soon as you exit settings, it comes back on. It appears to be a weird bug, and Hansshow has been completely incompetent in trying to resolve it.
Weird! I do not have this bug.

I do have a SIM card question - so I installed my SIM today, but it’s not showing up at all. This is a new line with data only plan on it from T-Mobile. Has anyone tried the 4g with a new line? Or should I put the sim into another device first to let it activate (I have an old iPad mini cellular) and then transfer it to the display? Didn’t think it would make any differenxe

I am upgrading from the Hansshow 9 inch Tesla Instrument Display to the 10.25 inch display on my 2023 Model 3, primarily because the larger display includes the front camera. The manual states "Note: When the radar is triggered, it will automatically enter forward looking for 10 seconds." Unfortunately, the 2023 Model 3 does not have the radar or ultrasound sensors, so how do you turn on the Hansshow front camera? I believe the original versions of the display turned on the camera when the vehicle traveled under 5 MPH, but I don't see any camera documentation for 2023 NON-radar Model 3's. I am reluctant to install the unit if the camera doesn't work, since that's the reason I purchased the larger display.

Has anyone gotten the 4g to work on this display? I cannot for the life of me get the connection to work, at all.

I’ve called T-Mobile, they said the SIM is set up correctly (magenta max unlimited tablet plan) it is not transmitting any data to the network tho. I have removed the antenna and literally stuck it to the outside of my car in wide open space and I get not one bar or signal.

Those of you using it, did you do anything special with the sim before you put it in the display and was it the first device the sim was ever in?

My wife and I have iPhone 14 pro and my kids have iPad mini 6 with eSIM connection there’s really no other device I can check the sim in that is readily available.

I was wondering if I put the sim in another device first it would kinda kicks start the network into thinking it was an iPad and maybe then it would work.

my network signal on the display is zero bars. Nothing.

I am upgrading from the Hansshow 9 inch Tesla Instrument Display to the 10.25 inch display on my 2023 Model 3, primarily because the larger display includes the front camera. The manual states "Note: When the radar is triggered, it will automatically enter forward looking for 10 seconds." Unfortunately, the 2023 Model 3 does not have the radar or ultrasound sensors, so how do you turn on the Hansshow front camera? I believe the original versions of the display turned on the camera when the vehicle traveled under 5 MPH, but I don't see any camera documentation for 2023 NON-radar Model 3's. I am reluctant to install the unit if the camera doesn't work, since that's the reason I purchased the larger display.
I have a none USS car with this model and it just triggers when I put it in drive and stays in video mode till I hit 20mph

I have a none USS car with this model and it just triggers when I put it in drive and stays in video mode till I hit 20mph
I attempted to resolve the problem of "no radar triggering" by contacting Hannshow Tech Support by WhatsApp and email, but I didn't get vey far. Then I got tired of waiting and then just temporarily hooked up the system with a few jumper wires. It appears as though in a "radar-less" Model 3 one can initiate the camera manually in two ways. The first way is by touching one of the "rolling center screen" icon, labelled "CAMERA." The second way is to "change gears" with the gear selector stalk. (And I know that there are no "gears," but you get my point.) If you are approaching an object in front of the car, you would have to flip the stalk to reverse (or any other gear position) and then back to forward drive, and the front camera turns on. The length of camera "on time" seems to be variable. At first is was about ten seconds, then other times it was longer, but eventually it returns back to the regular screen when you continue driving forward. I thought initially the "camera on" duration was governed by the forward speed, but it didn't seem to be consistently so. It would be nice if the camera function was more clearly described in the "operations manual," but much of the manual is in the Chinese language. I apologize for not knowing the Chinese language. Perhaps the manual should be offered in several languages. I still don't know what "camera sensitivity" means. I was able to get an English translation by downloading essentially the same file from the Kunefine website and the tesery.com website, since it appears that many of these Tesla accessory displays are made by he same manufacturer. (See the attached file and website listed below.)

Still, it would be nice if there was a "radar-triggered camera-on function" like in the pre-2023 Model 3 vehicles. If Tesla ever updates their TeslaVision software to duplicate the deleted radar/USS systems, perhaps the updated system will trigger the front camera, like in all the other cars that I own. Oh, those other cars also have dashboard gauges that I didn't have to pay extra for.

Attachments

• Hansshow Model 3Y Intelligent Screen User Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
I attempted to resolve the problem of "no radar triggering" by contacting Hannshow Tech Support by WhatsApp and email, but I didn't get vey far. Then I got tired of waiting and then just temporarily hooked up the system with a few jumper wires. It appears as though in a "radar-less" Model 3 one can initiate the camera manually in two ways. The first way is by touching one of the "rolling center screen" icon, labelled "CAMERA." The second way is to "change gears" with the gear selector stalk. (And I know that there are no "gears," but you get my point.) If you are approaching an object in front of the car, you would have to flip the stalk to reverse (or any other gear position) and then back to forward drive, and the front camera turns on. The length of camera "on time" seems to be variable. At first is was about ten seconds, then other times it was longer, but eventually it returns back to the regular screen when you continue driving forward. I thought initially the "camera on" duration was governed by the forward speed, but it didn't seem to be consistently so. It would be nice if the camera function was more clearly described in the "operations manual," but much of the manual is in the Chinese language. I apologize for not knowing the Chinese language. Perhaps the manual should be offered in several languages. I still don't know what "camera sensitivity" means. I was able to get an English translation by downloading essentially the same file from the Kunefine website and the tesery.com website, since it appears that many of these Tesla accessory displays are made by he same manufacturer. (See the attached file and website listed below.)

Still, it would be nice if there was a "radar-triggered camera-on function" like in the pre-2023 Model 3 vehicles. If Tesla ever updates their TeslaVision software to duplicate the deleted radar/USS systems, perhaps the updated system will trigger the front camera, like in all the other cars that I own. Oh, those other cars also have dashboard gauges that I didn't have to pay extra for.
Sorry for misspelling Hansshow.

so which model comes with the diffuser nowadays? saw a video recently with the guy placing the diffuser right behind the display to reroute the air.

also are satonic and hanshow models identical?

Has anyone gotten the 4g to work on this display? I cannot for the life of me get the connection to work, at all.

I’ve called T-Mobile, they said the SIM is set up correctly (magenta max unlimited tablet plan) it is not transmitting any data to the network tho. I have removed the antenna and literally stuck it to the outside of my car in wide open space and I get not one bar or signal.

Those of you using it, did you do anything special with the sim before you put it in the display and was it the first device the sim was ever in?

My wife and I have iPhone 14 pro and my kids have iPad mini 6 with eSIM connection there’s really no other device I can check the sim in that is readily available.

I was wondering if I put the sim in another device first it would kinda kicks start the network into thinking it was an iPad and maybe then it would work.

my network signal on the display is zero bars. Nothing.
I used a googleFi nano sim data only and it worked perfectly.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Installed today. Data plug in my model Y made in Texas is located in the right A pillar as an Open plus (nothing was connected to it).

To pass the power cables to the 12 V battery did it through the rubber plus in the photo bellow (quite easyJet actually).View attachment 881490View attachment 881491View attachment 881490View attachment 881491View attachment 881492
Not so sure you want to go along side of the rubber grommet, because the grommet is used to protect the wires going through the hole. Typically the holes are punched through the firewall at the factory during stamping and assembly, and the heavy grommet is used to protect the conduit and the wires within the conduit. And there are a lot of wires, and you can't see the other side of the grommet from inside the vehicle. It's probably only a matter of time before the cable's insulation wears through and shorts out the system. FYI the little bulbous nubbins on the grommet go all the way through to the other side, but still you can't easily visualize the other side even with the airbag and glovebox removed. Plus the nubbin is too small to pass the video cable connector through. I gave up on the passenger side and moved to the driver's side. There is a similar grommet on the driver's side with only a few wires running through it. I removed the kick-plate and driver's airbag and then passed two "fish wires" through the "nubbin" and was able to pull a new power wire (10G ultra flexible silicone insulated) and the video cable through the pass-thru nubbin. As you can guess the connector doesn't fit through, so I had the cut the cable and re-attach the four wires inside the car interior and then encase the cable within a small grounded enclosure. The easier way would be just to pierce a larger hole in the grommet and pass both wires with the connector through the larger newly formed hole (and try not to nick any of the other wires). The negative aspect of using the driver's side grommet is that you can't visualize or easily get to the fronk-side of the grommet without a little articulating mirror. And my large hand doesn't fit in any of the openings to get at the fronk-side of the grommet. I would definitely recommend lubricating the wires with some form of silicone lubricant compatible with wire insulation, because the grommet is rather easily displaced if you yank on it. And you need really strong finger tips to reposition the grommet from the interior side. (THE OBVIOUS QUESTION ARISES AS TO WHY AM I GOING TO ALL THIS TROUBLE FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE IN THIS EXPENSIVE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE; AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT THIS MOD WILL BE PART OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED HIGHLAND UPDATE.) My next project is a new camera bracket to mount in the front grill area. The bracket included with the system doesn't really fit well on the Model 3 without sticking out way too much. I suppose you could mount it on the license place holder if you are in a state with front mounted license plates.

My screen has gone back to manufacturer for warranty replacement or repair. The 4g does not work at all. Tried a phone plan sim, data plan sim (both T-Mobile) and googlefi sim, none of them worked. Tried a different 4g antenna as well, no luck.

Hopefully the replacement will not have the same issue!

My screen has gone back to manufacturer for warranty replacement or repair. The 4g does not work at all. Tried a phone plan sim, data plan sim (both T-Mobile) and googlefi sim, none of them worked. Tried a different 4g antenna as well, no luck.

Hopefully the replacement will not have the same issue!
I just got mine and 4g does not work neither =(

Looks like I’m joining the “no 4g” club. Installed new ATT nano SIM. Everything configured correctly, 4G shows on the display, great signal, no connection, no data. YouTube, google, etc….no internet connection. SIM works fine in my iPad. Wi-Fi works of course. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Hello !
I've recently installed this 10.25 hannshow screen, and I had exactly the same problem with a 720p camera sent instead of a 1080p one.
So the Chinese support advised me to change the parameters to AHP_720p_25, then it works...
It works, but I do suffer an insidious lag that I don't know how I might get rid of it.
Can you advise me ? You can see that lag in that video I uploaded on YT.
One more thing, can you send me an aliexpress link to the incredible yoke steering wheel with horns that's yours ??? (see attached photo)
I want the same one, because my new screen is completely hidden behind the original wheel ! ;( (see the other attached photo :D)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-03-16 à 13.19.10.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-03-16 à 13.19.10.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8203 Grande.jpeg
    IMG_8203 Grande.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 77