Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about powered frunk Kit from TeslaOffer and connection to new 12V

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a couple of questions regarding the Tesla Offer front frunk kit.

1) How do you connect the power wire to the new battery? (2022 April build)
There is no connection like on the old battery.
They say that I can strip the wire and wind it around the jump post.
Has anyone a better solution?

2) If using the kit and your 12V battery dies. Do you still use the Tesla emergency frunk release (12V battery on the leads)
or is that no longer used and you use the supplied cable pull release or do you need to do both?
If only the cable pull, what prevents someone from opening the frunk?

I just contacted Tesla Offer on this.
They said that there pull cable is only in case of their motor gets stuck also that it will no unlock the frunk.
That in order to open in case of power fail that the Tesla jump wires in the bumper will work as they should and open the frunk

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I have a couple of questions regarding the Tesla Offer front frunk kit.

1) How do you connect the power wire to the new battery? (2022 April build)
There is no connection like on the old battery.
They say that I can strip the wire and wind it around the jump post.
Has anyone a better solution?

2) If using the kit and your 12V battery dies. Do you still use the Tesla emergency frunk release (12V battery on the leads)
or is that no longer used and you use the supplied cable pull release or do you need to do both?
If only the cable pull, what prevents someone from opening the frunk?
Hi Randy,

Did you try the jump post solution? I’m curious to see if it works bc my friend is trying to install his opener and we came across this issue.

Hi Randy,

Did you try the jump post solution? I’m curious to see if it works bc my friend is trying to install his opener and we came across this issue.
Well it is installed.

I saw a YouTube of someone installs the hanshow model.

He bolted it to the jump post but couldn’t put then cover back on.

I did the same but used a very short screw with a washer on both sides and a nut. I just had to drill the hole in the slot a hair bigger. I was able to push the red cap over it . You can see on the last pic how it pushes out the bottom of it.

Attachments

• 92A46565-09D2-4836-BF86-8B5B67EE3860.jpeg
    92A46565-09D2-4836-BF86-8B5B67EE3860.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • B602A496-1AF6-48E0-9405-11E494625201.jpeg
    B602A496-1AF6-48E0-9405-11E494625201.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 8EAFA3D5-61E0-4658-99B6-56088BFDB62A.jpeg
    8EAFA3D5-61E0-4658-99B6-56088BFDB62A.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 9F2B4F0E-3179-4318-8134-4ED43049727B.jpeg
    9F2B4F0E-3179-4318-8134-4ED43049727B.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
What Tesla front trunk kit offer? Is Tesla selling a kit now or is this an aftermarket kit?

Its not "tesla front trunk kit offer".

Its "TeslaOffer front frunk kit". They didnt mix up the order of the words. The item in question is an aftermarket, powered frunk kit from a company called "TeslaOffer".

=========================
(moderator note)

Thread title changed from "Tesla Offer Front Frunk" to current thread title for clarity, as Its likely @Resist was not the only one who was confused about the thread title.

Reactions: Durzel and Resist
I have the Hanshow auto frunk and trunk kit that I bought on sale two years ago, still haven't installed it.
Sometimes it has taken me a while to get conditions right to install some accessories I have ordered.
I would, however, put the HanShow stuff on Ebay for whatever you can get for it. From what I read here and elsewhere, it seems to work fairly well at first, but if you run into issues, as the old preacher said in Blazing Saddles, "Son, you're on your own!".

Reactions: tlr1000
Sometimes it has taken me a while to get conditions right to install some accessories I have ordered.
I would, however, put the HanShow stuff on Ebay for whatever you can get for it. From what I read here and elsewhere, it seems to work fairly well at first, but if you run into issues, as the old preacher said in Blazing Saddles, "Son, you're on your own!".
Maybe you're right but, that goes for any aftermarket product you install on a vehicle. I haven't seen much issues with this product and I watch a lot of Tesla YouTube content and many of the well know YouTubers haven't had issues with it on their cars.

I haven't seen much issues with this product

I have seen multiple threads here with people complaining of various issues with hansshow stuff, and also being ghosted. Like you said, doing anything aftermarket always carries a bit of risk, and decisions have to be made based on how the company supports you itself. Based on what I have read about hansshow here, I would never personally buy anything from them. My risk tolerance isnt that high.

(this is the big one)

There are others as well.

What about those popular YouTubers like Tesla Raj, i1Tesla, Frugal Tesla Guy and others. They haven't had issues and they got the early kits.

There has been conversations from some here that wonders exactly the same thing (why those popular Youtubers dont mention this) and basically assuming they got free product and are sort of pushing those things because of it.

I am not a big "youtuber" follower. I only go to youtube to look for how to do something specific, whether its "fix something around the house" or "find this specific thing in a video game so I can get the achievement".

Whether someone on youtube likes or doesnt like something doesnt carry very much weight with me. A member here with a reasonable post about their experience though, that carries more weight (that problem with hansshow thread for example, with the experience of @Petermcg carries waaaay more weight to me than "tesla raj" or "frugal tesla guy".)

YMMV of course, but its certainly not accurate to say "there are not many reports of problems" at least not here on TMC. Now, of course I am well aware that forums tend to amplify this type thing, but im pretty good at picking out BS from real reviews of stuff, and the various reports here from people who have had issues dont come across as fake.

Reactions: drdumont
I only mentioned those popular YouTubers because they've had their kits for a while now, so issues would have shown up. And yes they got them for free but are under no obligation to say positive things about them now if they are failing to work correctly. Hanshow is not a paid sponsor for any of them, so they are under no pressure not to criticize their products if they don't work right.

I only mentioned those popular YouTubers because they've had their kits for a while now, so issues would have shown up. And yes they got them for free but are under no obligation to say positive things about them now if they are failing to work correctly. Hanshow is not a paid sponsor for any of them, so they are under no pressure not to criticize their products if they don't work right.
I think you are way too optimistic about them. Putting aside if they signed any NDAs as terms of getting the product for free and if the manufacturer may give special treatment that they otherwise wouldn't give to a regular user, very few reviewers do long term follow ups. This is true in general for all sorts of products.

If you look further you’ll see that Frugal Tesla Guy replaced his Hansshow frunk kit with EVOffer’s after experiencing problems with his Hansshow installation. I don’t know about the other guys.
The issue Frugal Tesla Guy was having, were that the power struts wore away the window seal the sticks out on the edges. But even Tesla trimmed off that seal for their power strut, so it wouldn't rub.

He removed the power trunk, frunk and door handles from Hansshow.
Said nothing but problems and no longer recommends that brand.
Yup, FTG's problems way beyond window seal rubbing. But there are lots of Hansshow supporters out there despite the issues. My friend's Hansshow trunk latch motor got so hot it started smoking. He replaced it with an EVOffer kit and it's been problem free since.