Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about purchasing CPO Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I joined this forum because I'm looking to buy CPO used SP+ Model 3, and I have some questions, I live in San Bernardino County, CA:
1. Will I be eligible for any rebates by buying a used car instead of new?
2. The current federal rebate is about $1,800, right?
3. How long it take to charge the battery using a Supercharge station? and how much?
4. Anybody here in Los Angeles County or San Bernardino County used a credit union to finance a Model 3?

Thank you

Thanks run-the-joules for the clarification.
Thanks Akikiki for the answer. Also state rebates don't apply on used?

Everybody what about my question about charging at Supercharger station? I live in an apartment with no possible way to install a charger, but i have a supercharger very close to me.

Thanks run-the-joules for the clarification.
Thanks Akikiki for the answer. Also state rebates don't apply on used?

Everybody what about my question about charging at Supercharger station? I live in an apartment with no possible way to install a charger, but i have a supercharger very close to me.

No incentives will apply to used.. maybe your power company but that's pretty much it.. as for chargin . To make my LR to 80% it's about 40min. You charge real fast maybe 30min to 50% but after that it slows down slowly to prolong the battery.. hope this helps. It costs me about $17 for about 200+ miles... I'm not exact on the numbers as I just got my car. But it's pretty close to that.. if I were you I'd still get a SR plus new.. cheaper than used at the moment.. feel free to PM me if you have any other questions

Used values rarely make sense once you factor in the rebates/incentives available on new

Charging: right now if you buy new and take delivery before end of Sept ; they are offering 2 free years of supercharging ; which would be HUGE savings for you
Ask your sales rep at Tesla for details about how to get that perk if you order this weekend

Tesla offers financing on their website when you order and I found the rate to be good so did not pursue outside financing. Is a little more complicated with outside financing.

I’m not sure who your utility company is but in Orange County we have Southern California Edison. They are currently offering a $1,000 rebate and it does apply to used vehicles.

But I do agree that with the current end of quarter incentives plus the federal and state rebates it seems like a no brainer to go with a new one. Especially with the two years of free supercharging since that will be your only method of charging for now.

I’m not sure who your utility company is but in Orange County we have Southern California Edison. They are currently offering a $1,000 rebate and it does apply to used vehicles.

But I do agree that with the current end of quarter incentives plus the federal and state rebates it seems like a no brainer to go with a new one. Especially with the two years of free supercharging since that will be your only method of charging for now.
I also has Edison for power. I won't be able to place an order this weekend. Probably I will wait and see any future offers.

Everybody what about my question about charging at Supercharger station?

It varies depending on the location (electricity prices vary nationwide), and on how discharged your battery was when you start charging:
Supercharging

From near zero to 100% full on LR Model 3 (75 kWh usable capacity), expect to pay ~$19 at a Tesla supercharger.
If I charge at home via my L2 charger, it would cost me $8.25.
If I charge at work (industrial electricity rate pass through), it would cost me $4.50.

I live in an apartment with no possible way to install a charger, but i have a supercharger very close to me.

Doable, but you will be paying at least 2x per kWh for the privilege.

a