Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about replacing an 18' wall connector with 24'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, first time poster here. Have had a Model 3 since September 2020 and we are expecting delivery of a Model Y tomorrow :)

I had an 18' Gen 3 wall connector installed at the start of the year. Our cable is just about long enough now that there's a 24' version I would really like to change it. If I bought the 24' version, could I just swap out the main unit without replacing the back plate that's wired up or do I have to replace everything all of it?

And if I do replace it, is there anything I should do with the old wall connector before I look to sell it?

Can’t answer your questions, but I’m glad to hear Tesla is now offering a 24’ cable on the newest wall connector. I recently moved and brought my Gen 2 wall connector with me rather than buying a Gen 3, in part because an 18’ cable would have been a little short.

Reactions: GSP
Do you know you can install two Gen 3 Wall Connectors, and share the power to two cars?
You could also just install a 14-50 Wall outlet and use the included charger to charge the other car @32 Amps?

Reactions: RxVanco
Do you know you can install two Gen 3 Wall Connectors, and share the power to two cars?
You could also just install a 14-50 Wall outlet and use the included charger to charge the other car @32 Amps?
I do, but a second wall connector or another 14-50 wall outlet isn't a solution for us. I'm just not looking to add another wall connector or outlet, instead only to replace this which would be the solution we need.