Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about returning to the brand...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey George...Couldn't agree more I always say with any vehicle the best warranty is to never need one. I remember having that feeling of looking for an excuse to drive, anywhere.
Because of my horrible Audi experience I felt it necessary to lease this time. But for an 80K + vehicle and the driving I normally do I'm not sure it makes sense for the cost. I just signed paperwork for the buyback, and now waiting for the call to turn it in. I do have another vehicle so a replacement is not "needed".
Can anyone speak to their lease experience, as to returning it, cost compared to otter s in the same price range?

My Audi nightmare really left me jaded about owning next car. My 95K Audi had a trade in value of $65K. And a lot of Audi owners are screwed with this model.

I find myself with more free time now and keep researching this site. I forgot what a great resource it was/is.

Thanks again for the response.
Once again be healthy everyone.

Hey George...Couldn't agree more I always say with any vehicle the best warranty is to never need one. I remember having that feeling of looking for an excuse to drive, anywhere.
Because of my horrible Audi experience I felt it necessary to lease this time. But for an 80K + vehicle and the driving I normally do I'm not sure it makes sense for the cost. I just signed paperwork for the buyback, and now waiting for the call to turn it in. I do have another vehicle so a replacement is not "needed".
Can anyone speak to their lease experience, as to returning it, cost compared to otter s in the same price range?

My Audi nightmare really left me jaded about owning next car. My 95K Audi had a trade in value of $65K. And a lot of Audi owners are screwed with this model.

I find myself with more free time now and keep researching this site. I forgot what a great resource it was/is.

Thanks again for the response.
Once again be healthy everyone.

Get a MS Performance or MX Long Range Plus. I could have potentially gotten the MX but I live in the center of a European city in an apartment building. While the falcon wing doors are very versatile, they don't work for me and the MS is just a bit nicer, in terms of both styling and fit/finish. If you do really long drives and live in a house, consider the MX. If not, get the MS.

The Q8, as with most Audis these days, is horrible. That dual-touchscreen layout sucks... takes your eyes off the road way more than in a BMW, or even a Tesla. The S550 is a great thing but it's slow and has a small trunk.

Take care - and make sure to disinfect your vehicle upon taking delivery. I will be taking delivery early May and am comfortable doing so, but by disinfecting the car I will remove 99% of a probably non-existent threat.

Last edited:
Get a MS Performance or MX Long Range Plus. I could have potentially gotten the MX but I live in the center of a European city in an apartment building. While the falcon wing doors are very versatile, they don't work for me and the MS is just a bit nicer, in terms of both styling and fit/finish. If you do really long drives and live in a house, consider the MX. If not, get the MS.

The Q8, as with most Audis these days, is horrible. That dual-touchscreen layout sucks... takes your eyes off the road way more than in a BMW, or even a Tesla. The S550 is a great thing but it's slow and has a small trunk.

Take care - and make sure to disinfect your vehicle upon taking delivery. I will be taking delivery early May and am comfortable doing so, but by disinfecting the car I will remove 99% of a probably non-existent threat.
So true about the Audi screens, not to mention the constant blackouts, no connectivity to bluetooth, radio failures and those were the bearable failure in mine.

So true about the Audi screens, not to mention the constant blackouts, no connectivity to bluetooth, radio failures and those were the bearable failure in mine.

Yeah... there are a ton of Audis in European rental car agencies which I often get when going on weekend trips. They are the worst of the German trio, which is sad because they used to lead the mid-size segment with their at-the-time advanced A6 (around 2015). Far cry from the Model S or X... IMO the A6 compares more with the likes of a Model 3.