Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about tax rebate and prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry too lazy to type :)
Thank you in advance!!

Thanks guys lol

Maybe you dont realize how silly "I am too lazy to type questions into a web page, so I took the time to create a youtube video instead" sounds.

No one is going to click a youtube link simply to find out what questions you might possibly have, then reply here. You are going to need to find another way to get youtube clicks. People might be able to answer your questions if you type them here, though.

You just click the video in the post, you don't have to open anything. And I feel like it was easier to explain over a video then to try explaining it over text with the scenario i'm in. But if it's that difficult I will type it out. Just need this thread deleted I guess..

Yep, not a good look. Ultimately this can't be perceived as anything but insulting to the very community you're asking to help you, expecting others to invest time in your welfare that you wouldn't even spend yourself. But I guess I'm "too lazy" to report it to a moderator to have it deleted... now it will just remain here forever as a monument to incredibly bad forum etiquette..

• Funny
Reactions: jboy210
Pretty sure you're overreacting and it's easier to understand my particular questions in a video format then to be typed out...Also, to upload a video to youtube is not THAT much easier.. Saying i'm being lazy was more of a joke.. Clearly some of you took that VERY serious.. I hope some of you never watch the new Chappelle stand up on netflix if you feel insulted over this LOL..

Last edited:
Thanks guys lol

I won’t go so far as to say it’s lazy, but I will say I’m not giving out clicks, either.

I despise YouTube and all the self-important nitwits spreading garbage and misinformation, so I avoid it any way I can. I don’t mash that like button. Sorry.

Sorry to, proverbially, throw the baby out with the bath water here, but truly we’d be happy to help with a post here.

(PS - the correct answer will be don’t worry about any EV federal tax credits; as soon as you’re talking Model X, it’s not going to qualify.)

I won’t go so far as to say it’s lazy, but I will say I’m not giving out clicks, either.

I despise YouTube and all the self-important nitwits spreading garbage and misinformation, so I avoid it any way I can. I don’t mash that like button. Sorry.

Sorry to, proverbially, throw the baby out with the bath water here, but truly we’d be happy to help with a post here.

(PS - the correct answer will be don’t worry about any EV federal tax credits; as soon as you’re talking Model X, it’s not going to qualify.)
ahh really? Based on the price or how come?

ahh really? Based on the price or how come?

Price.

Current proposed bill stipulates ...
Cars up to $55k
Vans up to $64k
Pickups up to $75k

... and if your AGI is over $400k, it phases out as well.

So anyone looking at a Model X won't have anything to worry about as far as federal tax credits go ... there's no variation of the X that even remotely comes close to qualifying.

About the only thing you can do is move here to NJ where at least we get a sales tax waiver still. Tomorrow's Election Day; after that, I'm sure whomever wins the governor's seat will figure out a way to remove that, too.

A couple quick clarification on the expected Fed tax credit, as of the Oct28 version of the legislation, although no, it cannot apply to model X.

Income limit is $400k for single, $600k for head of household, $800k for married/joint. These are defined as threshold amounts.

Vehicle manufacturer’s suggested retail price limits are:
$64k van
$69k SUV
$74k pickup truck
$55k other
Sedans are no longer mentioned as in earlier drafts, just fitting into Other category now.