Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for all of you M3 owners about buying a 3 from a private seller; how to check for EAP, FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact of the matter is that you will never believe it until you can read it on Tesla's web site and that isn't going to happen because it's no longer an option for the SR/SR+ and that doesn't mean it wasn't. After all, the SR is no longer sold, and yet, there are thousands out there, but you probably don't believe that because you can't read it on Tesla's website. The fact remains, I have it and many others do too and maybe you don't and you're sore over it, tuff. I also have 12-way power adjustable heated front seats.

The chart is dated April of 2019;

View attachment 465056

I am not bitter
Was not a Sr or Sr+ shopper so does not matter to me

Previous chart you posted showed cloth seats on the SR
Find me 1 model 3 ever made in the world with cloth seats and I will shut up

Hi - (first post!)

There's a local dealer that has a LR RWD - they're asking a ridiculous price and they say it has FSD but it's pretty clear they don't know jack about Teslas.

So just to add to the OP's initial question - what if you have physical access to the and can take it for a test drive? Can you verify FSD that way?
IIRC, if you're using AP and you have FSD - it will change lanes if you turn on the signal correct? It won't if you only have AP correct?

Also, can someone screen-shot the Navigation screen with and w/o FSD? And include the software version they're on - so I can confitm the dealers car is on the same (or later) version.
Thanks!

Hi - (first post!)

There's a local dealer that has a LR RWD - they're asking a ridiculous price and they say it has FSD but it's pretty clear they don't know jack about Teslas.

So just to add to the OP's initial question - what if you have physical access to the and can take it for a test drive? Can you verify FSD that way?
IIRC, if you're using AP and you have FSD - it will change lanes if you turn on the signal correct? It won't if you only have AP correct?

Also, can someone screen-shot the Navigation screen with and w/o FSD? And include the software version they're on - so I can confitm the dealers car is on the same (or later) version.
Thanks!
FSD and EAP are going to be indecipherable. Call a Tesla SC and ask them to run the vin.

You don't need to drive it ; just access the menu and if options exist it has it.
Cars without navigate on auto pilot or summon do not mention those words at all in the menu. If you see summon anywhere on the menus you know it at least has EAP.

I am not sure however how to tell FSD vs. EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot). EAP is no longer available but used to be and functions are identical to FSD. No way to tell by driving for sure, but in the menu I imagine somewhere on the car about page probably says FSD or Full Self Driving. Need someone who has both EAP and FSD to confirm that detail.

(an EAP car is worth more than a car with just AP ; gives you 100% of what FSD does as of today. Tomorrow something may come out for FSD that will not get with EAP_

You can't even trust the moroney. I have a Model 3 without EAP, but the moroney came with it showing that I had EAP. No, I didn't pay for it, and nowhere else did it show I had EAP.

The only way to tell is to actually see the car's display where it's active.