Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for Aussie owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't wait for the Model 3 to arrive down under. When they do:
  1. The US website says "1 year premium connectivity included". Presumably this is for sat nav and slacker radio. What is the annual cost when the 1 year period ends, and can I just stream Google Maps/Spotify from my phone to the vehicle's touch screen?
  2. What is the cost per Kw when using supercharger network?

1. The US website says "1 year premium connectivity included". Presumably this is for sat nav and slacker radio. What is the annual cost when the 1 year period ends, and can I just stream Google Maps/Spotify from my phone to the vehicle's touch screen?
Hi Bennny

Cant help you with the first question.

With Q2 Last I heard, it was 35c per Kwh

Supercharging

• Helpful
Reactions: Tension
AU Supercharging Costs.JPG

• Informative
There is something called basic connectivity.

See this FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Premium connectivity gives you satellite view, live traffic visualization, music streaming and over the air updates. Without premium, you can only receive car updates via Wifi (unless they are safety related updates, which will still come via LTE.

Cost will be approx $100 USD per year after the first year.

• Informative
The signature S has free supercharging for life and after 4years, no charge or mention of one for the 3G.
Will the signature 3’s be the same? Who knows?
Its only new model s that come with 1 year connectivity. I was lucky and referred myself from the last referral program so got supercharging for the life of my ownership, whereas the older cars have both for the life of the car.
Tesla are clearly trying to bring costs back, so would have thought the days of lifetime free supercharging and connectivity are long gone....other than maybe on the new roadster