Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for owners of first deliveries of refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As there are many mysteries/questions about the refreshed Model S that Tesla hasn’t answered or clarified, I thought it would be helpful to list a set of questions for those lucky enough to get the first deliveries of the refreshed Model S, long range, plaid, or plaid plus. I’ll start with mine and please add your questions in this thread. If those with the first deliveries can post photos that provide answers, that would be an extra bonus.

• Are the aluminum strips on the interior dash and doors lit?
  • How does the 17” touch screen tilt or swivel?
  • Is the car body wider than previous generation Model S’s?
  • Is the track wider?
  • What are the tires that come with the car? Brands and sizes?
  • Where are CAN high and lo connections accessible? Same as previous generation Model S’s (under the touchscreen)?
  • Is the interior space larger? Leg room for rear passengers? Head clearance for rear passengers?
  • Are the mats in frunk, trunk, front and rear the same size and shape or different?
  • Is the storage space in the trunk more ample?
  • Have the brake rotors and calipers changed?
  • Is the noise cancellation sound system effective in substantially reducing or eliminating road and wind noise?
  • Does you your car have the yoke steering device? Was a round steering wheel an option?
  • If the former what has been your experience with it?
  • Is the automatic drive selector effective? How do the drive options on the touch screen or elsewhere in the car work?

I understand that some of these questions may require comparisons with previous generations of Model S and that statistics may not be available for the refreshed models from Tesla.

What is the foot room like for rear passengers (not the space between your knees and the front seat, but the space under the seats)?
Can the rear seats recline?
Are the headrests on the front seats angled too far forward? (unfortunately it's not like most cars nowadays have normal, straight headrests)
What are the force touch buttons like? Try spilling a drop of water on them and see what happens (okay, maybe don't actually :D)

What is the foot room like for rear passengers (not the space between your knees and the front seat, but the space under the seats)?
Can the rear seats recline?
Are the headrests on the front seats angled too far forward? (unfortunately it's not like most cars nowadays have normal, straight headrests)
What are the force touch buttons like? Try spilling a drop of water on them and see what happens (okay, maybe don't actually :D)

Are the headrests adjustable?

Number of Cup holders assessable from front seats, excluding door pockets. Is it just these 2?
1D1DB4C1-15D9-4795-AE03-7E35CDCC65F7.jpeg
4F687CB8-21E7-48C8-8463-AB56AC6B1B83.jpeg
ED88100F-8A44-4511-9C3E-40A9FECA7677.jpeg

1. Is there separate Bluetooth connectivity for the rear screen, so my kids can watch YouTube/Netflix and hear it through their own headphones?
2. Are there gaming pads/controllers for them to play games on that screen?
3. What offset are the wheels? Can we put wider/more offset wheels on since the body is supposedly wider?
4. Does the new MMC offer screen mirror from your phone?

Reactions: Krash
HTML5Test, Speed Battle and SunSpider benchmarks for the browser

Should be quite impressive

Should be quite impressive

My favorite quote in this article is: "Paired with the AMD Navi 23 GPU, the Ryzen SoC would effectively make the flagship vehicles’ onboard computer into a beast, likely making it into one of the fastest infotainment systems on the market."

Uhh, bruh, I can personally guarantee you, there isn't a single infotainment system on the market in automotive that has even 1/10th of the computing power. Not even the 3/Y. No need to use the words "likely" and "one of"...no, no, it's going to the best performing infotainment screen, by far and with no shadow of a doubt.

I would be satisfied if the overkill infotainment performance would be all centered onto a fast and up to date web-browser. The browsing speed even with full 4G in my MX LR is crap.

Yeah the CPU can't handle it. It's not necessarily the speed of the internet, but the car struggles to render the browser at all. That's why, once you load a webpage, it is often still really slow and crappy to respond.

Reactions: boonedocks
I assume the Ryzen SoC is only for the MCU and that the back seat screen is simply a third screen like the instrument cluster. Do we know for sure if the back screen is also a touchscreen? Seems like it should be for Asian and European owner sit in back scenarios but I didn’t know Linux had robust implementations of using multiple touchscreens at once. Maybe they used a virtual machine layer.