Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for owners of first deliveries of refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @omarsultan when you get a chance (and it's safe to do so), could you please post a photo of the instrument cluster when the car is navigating to a destination? thanks in advance.
Happened to snap this today--had to redact it a bit :)

IMG_0931.jpg

HTML5Test, Speed Battle and SunSpider benchmarks for the browser
If you have time to capture the results for these browser tests for MCU3, I would be happy to rerun the MCU1 and MCU2 results for comparison. Links to those tests are halfway down this first thread…

@omarsultan one more question for you that popped into my head earlier today.

I was driving my partner’s P90D, and even though she likes a larger steering wheel than me, I was thinking “gosh i really hope the yoke isn’t as wide!” I had totally forgotten how big “old” Model S wheels were.

So if you get a chance Omar (and no rush at all obviously), could you please measure the width of the yoke at its widest, around the 9 to 3 o’clock position? Thanks!

@omarsultan one more question for you that popped into my head earlier today.

I was driving my partner’s P90D, and even though she likes a larger steering wheel than me, I was thinking “gosh i really hope the yoke isn’t as wide!” I had totally forgotten how big “old” Model S wheels were.

So if you get a chance Omar (and no rush at all obviously), could you please measure the width of the yoke at its widest, around the 9 to 3 o’clock position? Thanks!
it's 14.5" at 3/9 o'clock--its actually a little wider across the bottom at 15".

If you have time to capture the results for these browser tests for MCU3, I would be happy to rerun the MCU1 and MCU2 results for comparison. Links to those tests are halfway down this first thread…

• HTML5: 519/555
  • SunSpider: 475.2 ms +/- 1.6%
  • SpeedBattle: 718.28 (Calculate: 118.72, Store: 585.14, Render: 14.42)

You get 2 key fobs, 2 key cards and can set up a total of 17 fobs, cards and phones

Someone else I know who took delivery was told by Tesla that the mats would fit, but he found they did not quite fit--something about some of the cutouts

Sorry--unsure about the rest. I would have doubts about the shades as there had been significant re-work of the interior. Regarding the 19" turbine, the wheel info is in the back of the manual, so you could check.
For anybody who is interested here are the details on the wheels/tires…
I noticed that I asked about 19 inch turbines meant to say 19 inch slipstreams in my question.
I was surprised to discover the both 19s and 21s are asymmetrical.

19" Cardenio
Front 9.5J x 19 offset 40 mm
255/45R19 104W XL
Rear 10.5J x 19 offset 45 mm
285/40R19 107W XL
129 lb. ft (175 Nm) 21 mm

21" Arachnid
Front 9.5J x 21 offset 40 mm
265/35ZR21 101(Y) XL
Rear 10.5J x 21 offset 45 mm
295/30ZR21 102(Y) XL
129 lb. ft (175 Nm) 21 mm

Screenshot of Refreshed Model S Page in the manual
108B294A-B3CD-4B63-A326-52CCD1F268D8.jpeg

Screenshot of Prior Model S Page in the manual
6384C392-13A6-4663-B8E6-CF79E581141C.jpeg

Sounds like they haven't figured out the 360 degree view yet but have they updated the cameras/software to give you a forward camera view for parking like the MCU backup cameras? My wife laughs because her X5M has everything that my MS should have. Can't wait for my LR. Thanks

Nope and also not sure how the forward facing cameras would give you any better view than what the driver sees naturally out of the windshield. It sits higher, but might not have the field of view where you are interested.

We're talking about the view from the front bumper so you can better see when you're parking.
See: Tesla Model S Front Camera Touchscreen Switch Kit

This continues to be the best mod I've ever done for my Model S. And given the complete refresh of the new Model S, it's baffling that Tesla did not add this feature that most modern cars have had for years.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
  • Helpful
Reactions: HankLloydRight