Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for Tesla Owners in Oklahoma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I currently have a Model 3 reserved but I am contemplating on getting a Model S instead. I live in OKC and was wondering if anyone who lives in OK can answer some questions:

1. The closest service center is located in Dallas, so do you drive down there for your annual service? I heard from one of the Ownder Advisor in Dallas that they have a Ranger service in OKC and that they would waive the range fee. Is that true?
2. Did you pick yours up in Dallas? If so, do you have any advice?
3. Any recommendation on a good electrician to install a NEMA 14-50 in OKC?
4. If you have had your car wrapped (XPEL) and coated (OptiCoat, CQuartz), do you also have any recommendations?
5. I am also curious about insurance, can anyone give an approximation on how much insurance would cost in OK?

Thanks!

Hi there. Recently moved to NE Oklahoma from the SF Bay Area and can take a shot at a couple of your questions.

1) There is a ranger that lives in OKC. He can come to your house at a cost of $3/mile 1-way once you hit 50 miles. So for Tulsa it's $150.
2) We did factory pick up but AFAIK they can deliver to your house.
3) I'm outside Tulsa so can't help there but don't tell them it's for an EV. Say it's for an RV and just get multiple quotes. Any electrician can do it.
4) I did factory paint armor.
5) Insurance is CRAZY expensive in OK. Way more than in Cali. We're paying $975/6 months for a P85. Need to shop around.

Hi there. Recently moved to NE Oklahoma from the SF Bay Area and can take a shot at a couple of your questions.

1) There is a ranger that lives in OKC. He can come to your house at a cost of $3/mile 1-way once you hit 50 miles. So for Tulsa it's $150.
2) We did factory pick up but AFAIK they can deliver to your house.
3) I'm outside Tulsa so can't help there but don't tell them it's for an EV. Say it's for an RV and just get multiple quotes. Any electrician can do it.
4) I did factory paint armor.
5) Insurance is CRAZY expensive in OK. Way more than in Cali. We're paying $975/6 months for a P85. Need to shop around.

1) Guess I'm lucky since I live in OKC :D
2) Probably will go pick up in Dallas for the get the full experience.
3) That's what I've heard from some of the posts here. Definitely won't mention it's for a EV.
4) Is this something Tesla does standard or is this extra?
5) I actually called my car insurance (AAA) for a quote and got ~$600/6 month.

Paint armor was/is an option. Oh, I found my invoice for our electrical. We paid $1,600 for 2 14-50's to be installed in our garage. That included a new sub panel to handle the extra circuits. Great price on the insurance. Like I said I need to shop around - we just transferred our Cali insurance (Allstate) to OK to make it easier/faster.