Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

questions for the group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI

newbie here. have an order for a MX LR which was placed in october of last year. Still no change in dates other than estimated delivery of november of this year.. which will probably get pushed.

I have my lease up in august on my current x5.. I have been looking at used cars, but it seems like a good used low mileage MX LR goes for about the same price as a MX Plaid can be ordered for now. renting (from what I have checked) wil cost about 2k a month from the time my lease runs out until the estimated delivery of the LR MX..

so my dilemma is to maybe order the MX Plaid now. from what I have read, they are delivering now in maybe august or september.. pricing is the same as buying a used MX these days, and if it saves me rental on a date for delivery in the future that will probably be pushed on the LR, and pricing on a loan is within a few hundred dollars..

What can I do with the older order, for november delivery. I have seen people selling their reservations.. is this possible? is there a premium to do this? Should I call tesla and see if there is a shorter delivery time to change my current reservation to a Plaid??

advice appreciated..

...I have seen people selling their reservations...
It works if Tesla let it goes through but lately, it even spies on social websites to crack down on reservation transfers.
...Should I call tesla and see if there is a shorter delivery time to change my current reservation to a Plaid??...
That's your best option because salespeople are motivated to move merchandise so they'll love to hear that you are willing to pay more for a more expensive trim.