Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for those with heated steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a SR VIN 105XXX with the heated steering wheel and can only turn it on via voice control or the app.

I'm VIN 105,3xx and it took me a bit to find the control in the car controls... not intuitive. Tap the fan icon at the center bottom of the display, then on the lower half far-left side of the window that pops up look for the bacon strips and tap on those. Then you see all the heat controls and can click the steering wheel.
EsYKrOzXUAEPDR_

• Informative
Reactions: mickificki
clarification question: The scroll wheels MUST be silver in order to know that the wheel has heated capabilities. Correct? I ask because the scroll wheels in my wifes Y (89xxx vin range if I recall) are a darkish color, but they dont really feel plastic, but when I put a magnet on them, magnet doesnt stick. But yet, it has the dual pane glass and has the tesla USB inside the glovebox.

clarification question: The scroll wheels MUST be silver in order to know that the wheel has heated capabilities. Correct? I ask because the scroll wheels in my wifes Y (89xxx vin range if I recall) are a darkish color, but they dont really feel plastic, but when I put a magnet on them, magnet doesnt stick. But yet, it has the dual pane glass and has the tesla USB inside the glovebox.
Yes, but just because you have the new wheel doesn't necessarily mean it's heated. But you do need the 'metal' scroll wheels to possibly have it heated.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
Well figured I should respond to my own questions. Picked ours up today. LR AWD, Heated steering wheel (yeah), 2020.39.110. Metal scroll wheels, usb in glovebox, classic console and headlights. Also as mentioned above, no seams on steering wheel. I'm thrilled with my heated steering since I live further north (Indiana) and it was 22F when we picked up our car.

Thanks to all who answered and provided feedback.

Well figured I should respond to my own questions. Picked ours up today. LR AWD, Heated steering wheel (yeah), 2020.39.110. Metal scroll wheels, usb in glovebox, classic console and headlights. Also as mentioned above, no seams on steering wheel. I'm thrilled with my heated steering since I live further north (Indiana) and it was 22F when we picked up our car.

Thanks to all who answered and provided feedback.
Always helps to post the first 3 numbers of the VIN.... ;-)

For whatever it's worth, I received an email yesterday from my sales rep saying that all orders after January 7th will be built with heated steering wheel. I'm not sure if that's nationwide, but I assume it is. And given that Jan 7th is already a month ago, I'd say the heated wheel is almost a guarantee at this point.

I guess you could get into some weird situations still where you wouldn't get it. But I'm speculating that it's a high probability that any new order gets it - above 90% likely to get it.

Took a test drive today in a MY LR. VIN 089xxx software version is 2020.48.35.5 (took a pic). I wasn't able to find heated steering option in the climate controls. Steering wheel did not have the seam. I didn't try a voice command. Maybe because it's their test model? Just fyi.

Took a test drive today in a MY LR. VIN 089xxx software version is 2020.48.35.5 (took a pic). I wasn't able to find heated steering option in the climate controls. Steering wheel did not have the seam. I didn't try a voice command. Maybe because it's their test model? Just fyi.
It seems like the VIN starting in the late 90xxx's have the heated wheel.