TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dalphaon, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

Hi just thought I would create a thread for people to ask those that have Model 3s in hand and been through the delivery process any questions. I pick up in a week (I am struggling to think how I could possible survive that long) but if you have picked up your model 3 and want to identify yourself to answer questions that would be cool.
    I know lots of people have experience with dealing with Tesla and have other Models but I was thinking that the questions here would be specific to the Model 3 and the answers come from people with them in hand.

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Not answering your question, but Fully Charged was at Heathrow on Day one to see the handover

Warehouse handover not quite the same as when they pulled the sheet off my Model-S in the showroom window with a TaDa ... those were the days eh?!!

• Like x 1
  3. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

I know not directly about he car but helpful for new buyers, who did you get your insurance with?

4. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

Hi Rooster. There is a separate insurance thread.

5. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

Does anybody know how long the handover was and how long was the wait when you got there?

6. WannabeOwner

I've heard "30 minutes". You are given a timed-slot ... no idea if folk have been kept waiting though.

7. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

So I got a call today to say my car was ready and do I want to pick it up tomorrow instead of Saturday (4 days early). I can't because of work but I am going to get it on Thursday. I've decided to create a youtube channel

If anybody has any questions they want me to ask or anything they want me to check out let me know.
    PS. I can't find out when they are going to get your car. Or when they are going to stop changing prices every 5 minutes. :)

• Like x 3
  8. WannabeOwner

How did you find out your number plate for insurance? or were you able to insure the VIN instead?

9. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

I've not insured yet :) I'm hoping any day now the companies will have proper info on the M3 hence the delay. They did send me an email with the Reg number though.

• Like x 1
  10. WannabeOwner

Thanks. Is it also on your My Tesla ?

11. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Congrats ! Whats your spec and delivery location?

12. Dalphaon

Dalphaon Member

I'lll tell you mine if you tell me yours

• Disagree x 1
  13. fakoriginal

fakoriginal Member

Which side is the charging port? Driver's side (as with the LHD) or passenger side (so same side as the LHD)?

• Like x 1
  14. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

I went to insure mine yesterday but Churchill require a reg number not VIN so I'm waiting for Tesla now to get back with Reg, hopefully today.

• Like x 1
  15. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Passenger side i.e. left

16. fakoriginal

fakoriginal Member

Thanks, that means I can still park outside my house to charge, just facing the other way to 'normal' so the charging port is house-side. Otherwise I'd have to park in front of my neighbour's house when charging (terraced houses with no off-street parking).

17. fakoriginal

fakoriginal Member

Given the new order agreements sent out to those still waiting today, can someone who has already taken delivery confirm how their order agreement compared to their final invoice in terms of reporting the government grant?

Before today the price on the website was showing before the government grant, but now it is displaying after the grant (I'm starting to wish I had taken screenshots before they made the change).

18. Rob R

Rob R Member

This has been answered previously, the charger is on the same side as with US cars, the left, looking forward, or kerb side for UK drivers. It does not follow the steering wheel location.

19. interbear

interbear Member

Good stuff.

Did Tesla give you any options in terms of registration plate? When I last bought a new car the dealer gave me a range of about 20 registration numbers to choose one based on my preference.

20. davidmc

davidmc Member

I'm in the same boat as yourself (no off street parking) and wondered what you were doing regards charging at home?

Cable across public foot path using a cover? (Sleeping policeman type)

Type of charger on house? i'm thinking of a 16amp commando socket on the side of my house (IP67 rated) with switch/fuse inside. and using the UMC that comes with the car. This is only for topping up at weekends during the day. This will will also be used for my jet-washer to keep the car clean!! Its a pain that i can not get the grant for a charger as no off street so looking at alternatives.

Mainly i will use the work charger & public network.