Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi just thought I would create a thread for people to ask those that have Model 3s in hand and been through the delivery process any questions. I pick up in a week (I am struggling to think how I could possible survive that long) but if you have picked up your model 3 and want to identify yourself to answer questions that would be cool.
I know lots of people have experience with dealing with Tesla and have other Models but I was thinking that the questions here would be specific to the Model 3 and the answers come from people with them in hand.

So I got a call today to say my car was ready and do I want to pick it up tomorrow instead of Saturday (4 days early). I can't because of work but I am going to get it on Thursday. I've decided to create a youtube channel
If anybody has any questions they want me to ask or anything they want me to check out let me know.
PS. I can't find out when they are going to get your car. Or when they are going to stop changing prices every 5 minutes. :)

So I got a call today to say my car was ready and do I want to pick it up tomorrow instead of Saturday (4 days early). I can't because of work but I am going to get it on Thursday. I've decided to create a youtube channel
If anybody has any questions they want me to ask or anything they want me to check out let me know.
PS. I can't find out when they are going to get your car. Or when they are going to stop changing prices every 5 minutes. :)
Congrats ! Whats your spec and delivery location?

Given the new order agreements sent out to those still waiting today, can someone who has already taken delivery confirm how their order agreement compared to their final invoice in terms of reporting the government grant?

Before today the price on the website was showing before the government grant, but now it is displaying after the grant (I'm starting to wish I had taken screenshots before they made the change).

Good stuff.

Did Tesla give you any options in terms of registration plate? When I last bought a new car the dealer gave me a range of about 20 registration numbers to choose one based on my preference.

Thanks, that means I can still park outside my house to charge, just facing the other way to 'normal' so the charging port is house-side. Otherwise I'd have to park in front of my neighbour's house when charging (terraced houses with no off-street parking).

I'm in the same boat as yourself (no off street parking) and wondered what you were doing regards charging at home?

Cable across public foot path using a cover? (Sleeping policeman type)

Type of charger on house? i'm thinking of a 16amp commando socket on the side of my house (IP67 rated) with switch/fuse inside. and using the UMC that comes with the car. This is only for topping up at weekends during the day. This will will also be used for my jet-washer to keep the car clean!! Its a pain that i can not get the grant for a charger as no off street so looking at alternatives.

Mainly i will use the work charger & public network.