Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for a most fascinating read. I looked hard at the M-3, but being an ole-phart, was not comfortable with the speedo being over in the middle. So after several months of forum reading, decided on a preowned Model-X.

Why?
1.. The crash test vid's really impressed me.
2... All the niggly little defects would have been sort out by the 1st owner. (only had to get a few things fixed).
3... As I am about to enter "retirement" the Free Supercharging for Life, combined with Full Autopilot 2.0 was just too hard to resist.

Still, the Model-E, oops, I mean 3, is one beautiful car. Just not enough head room for me, being a tad on the tall side.

Best wishes to all the new M-3 owners across the pond in the UK.

Reactions: ACarneiro
I have seen dozens of reviews of Model 3. Almost all were concerned about the speedo being on the central screen. Without exception, once they have driven the car, they say it's not an issue. Most get used to it after only a few hours driving. There is ole-phart, but there is also plain old scaredy cat? Just saying.

I have seen dozens of reviews of Model 3. Almost all were concerned about the speedo being on the central screen. Without exception, once they have driven the car, they say it's not an issue. Most get used to it after only a few hours driving. There is ole-phart, but there is also plain old scaredy cat? Just saying.

I really don't get that worry, Cars such as the Citroen Picasso has this about 20 years ago and no one thought it was a problem then!

Reactions: dst87
Quick question for new owners, does the footwell have any air blown into it from the heating/AC fan ?
It does - I can confirm as a tested it for you too.

See point 4 below

Climate_manual.jpg

Of course our controls are just mirrored to the LHD shown in the manual, but all works as expected...
Yesterday I only had it at "face-level":
ClimateScreen.jpg

Reactions: Bernard_S
Of course. And it's well integrated with the voice control, so just one steering wheel button press and saying “call <name of contact>” will connect you. The voice recognition works extremely well, much more so than in my former cars.

Reactions: LEE3
@Marc Roberts posted a video on a different thread showing very poor paint coverage around door hinges, boot hinges etc on early model 3s.
Please can anybody with a fresh new UK model 3 have a look and see if they can see areas that have not been painted?

Not sure about this I will check mine. All I will say is that the black paint is very thin. I put some door protection strips on then reposition them, this left some light scratches on the paint work. I imagine any stone chips will definitely impact the black paint. I really wanted one of the multi coats but didn’t want to stump up the extra cash. I wish I had now, I only picked black because it was the “free” option!

Cfr. password display on an Apple: only the last digit is shown for some time and all others are replaced by a filled circle.

But for short codes it’s fairly trivial for someone to see which digits you're punching if they are attentive.

• Helpful
Reactions: Keeper