Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions regarding going from 19 inch OEM sport wheels to aftermarket 19 inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm will be receiving my SR+ next week and was wonderinh if this would have an impact on the range?

Would it also affect anything else like ride comfortability?

I was also wondering which tires they come with in order to check that if they fit on the aftermarket wheels I want to purchase.

If you're keeping the tyres (which I believe are 235/40 R19) there will be very little difference in range, if you're worried about range get the 18" aero's. Weight may have a small impact on handling, but unlikely you'd notice.
Bear in mind you need to fit TPMS sensors or swap them from the wheels.
But one question is why on earth would you pay the extra for the 19" OEM then swap them, or is this a used car...

Upvote 0
If you're keeping the tyres (which I believe are 235/40 R19) there will be very little difference in range, if you're worried about range get the 18" aero's. Weight may have a small impact on handling, but unlikely you'd notice.
Bear in mind you need to fit TPMS sensors or swap them from the wheels.
But one question is why on earth would you pay the extra for the 19" OEM then swap them, or is this a used car...
Thanks for the info! I got the 19" OEM because I wasn't planning on changing the wheels at first. The company I work for is paying for the lease and I have enough room to add some aftermarket wheels. I know I should've gotten the 18", but now it's too late.

Upvote 0