TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Queueing in Bellevue

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rolosrevenge, Mar 31, 2016.

1. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Got here at 6:35 and there were already 100 in front of me. The people around me are lame, no knowledge of TMC, don't want to talk, and no appreciation of my vintage Roadster t-shirt. So glad I didn't bring rolos for this crew.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

It's a new generation this Model 3 will bring into the fold... Driven more by economics and practicality than raw enthusiasm for the tech and possibilities. They will learn though.

3. thoness

thoness Member

I stopped by during lunchtime and the live was at least 500 deep. I underestimated how long it would take to process people.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I stopped by around 2pm, and there were about 50 people. It looked like even less when I left.

My Dad was number 442 this morning. Shortly after the store opened, my son said the official count was over 1,000.

I asked the person behind me if she had an EV; she said kind-of, a Prius. Then she asked if Teslas drive nice. I guess she will find out.

5. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Hiya all!
    Thinking of heading there now... any guesses / reports of what it may be?

6. deonb

deonb Active Member

Did you loan your Dad your Roadster? I thought I saw it in the parking lot this morning :)

The official count wasn't over 1000 today - at least not shortly after the store opened. I counted to 730 myself shortly after the line started moving, and when I got to front at 11h30 (I was #327) in line, the count internally that Tesla had amongst themselves was 700. I recounted the remaining people after I left and there were another 370 people behind me.

So there were 700 in line between this morning and 11h30, give or take 50.

7. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

My Roadster was in Tacoma this morning. DaveD's is pretty similar to mine, although I'm not sure he was planning to get a 3. There's also a yellow Roadster owner in Bellevue that I have seen on the road, but never met.

8. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

FYI the line oscillates between 0 and 5 deep now. Walked up, placed res, chitchatted with Dan, pep talked some of the others (they're exhausted) and walked out. :)

• Like x 1
  9. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

I thought about driving down later in the day from Bellingham, but Plugshare showed the ONLY Chademo in Burlington was down. Limited range and almost zero reliable charging on trips is why I'm getting a Tesla. Glad i didn't try to wing it anyway, it would have been a disaster for me, and I wouldn't have made it home in time for the reveal.

10. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Success at 10:10 CAM00901.jpg

• Like x 1
  11. thoness

thoness Member

That was a fail. I should've left work early and I would've gotten higher on the list. Oh well. At least I beat the online preorder.