Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick acceleration can be dangerous when changing lanes on the freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what you mean but it's not a good thing if a car can only be driven fast. That is what separates a Tesla to other supercars.
The Roadster can, of course, be driven at any speed you want. My point is that, given appropriate circumstances, you won't want to drive it slowly. Too much fun, which only an owner can appreciate.

But good point about what separates Teslas from the others. They are super cars, yet refined enough to be driven to the grocery store. Agree totally with that.

I have driven high performance cars before, and having lots of power available makes changing lanes much safer.

When you see a spot ahead you wish to merge into, you just give it a little pedal and swoosh, you are there.

It is the cars with poor performance that are the real danger. They cannot manouver into that open slot. Same with the huge trucks changing lanes. They are slow, clumsy and cause anxiety when changing lanes.

I get what the OP is saying, and for the short term, your point only holds water for the short term. The issue, though, is as more performance EVs come to market there will be more people vying for that same open slot and given the acceleration of Teslas as a whole, will introduce the problem the OP is discussing. What happens when you have 2 Teslas jockeying for position? Faster acceleration gives smaller margins for error and less time to correct when like vehicles are competing.