Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Bandit Gen 2 Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only issue I have with the OP's quick bandit plate and the SnapPlate is how easily they could come off. No tools required as far as I can tell, which is good and bad, although I am not sure why you'd need to remove the front plate easily, car wash? Since it can be removed easily, I wonder if it would ever be stolen? Nobody would want your license plate, but an easy way to get a $100+ holder for free. At least the other option I listed requires some work with tools to secure, not so quick and easy to remove. May be I am being too cynical, but easy to put on/take off could mean easy to be stolen. I guess you would only know that if you were familiar with these plate holders, and everybody else would not even think twice about it...

The only issue I have with the OP's quick bandit plate and the SnapPlate is how easily they could come off. No tools required as far as I can tell, which is good and bad, although I am not sure why you'd need to remove the front plate easily, car wash? Since it can be removed easily, I wonder if it would ever be stolen? Nobody would want your license plate, but an easy way to get a $100+ holder for free. At least the other option I listed requires some work with tools to secure, not so quick and easy to remove. May be I am being too cynical, but easy to put on/take off could mean easy to be stolen. I guess you would only know that if you were familiar with these plate holders, and everybody else would not even think twice about it...

SnapPlate has an optional screw you can use to lock it in position... not sure about the Bandit

Removed the Quick Bandit for some cleaning yesterday. We use the optional locking screw. With the supplied Allen key, it takes about 30 seconds to remove/replace. If you don't use it, and it's plenty secure without, it's a one second job. Great product, no affiliation.

Reactions: costaj31
Just curious if the quick bandit or the snapplate is better? They both serve similar purpose and priced around the same.
I ordered the snap plate, but decided on the quick bandit before my plates even arrived. So now I have an unused snap plate...

My take is quick bandit is better for leaving it in place long-term, snap plate is for those that will only put it on for longer trips out of their “safe home area” where they don’t think they’ll get pulled over for not having the front plate affixed.