Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Bandit Gen 2 Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing the exact same thing, though mine is 3-5 weeks out. Already got my high endurance card, the ceramic coating (going to do it DIY), and the Plastidip for the wheel covers. I have the Jeda hub on order (assuming it will come eventually). I am going to wrap the front as well.
I have a great detailer for the PPF and ceramic coating. He can also do the centre console wrap to get rid of the ugly piano black. I don’t have the patience or skill for any of that. I already bought Tesmanian All weather Mats, Center ConsolTray, hidden armrest compartment, Sandisk endurance micro SD and reader, Jedi Hub. I’m Going nuts. So much fun. What is Plastidip for wheels?

I have a great detailer for the PPF and ceramic coating. He can also do the centre console wrap to get rid of the ugly piano black. I don’t have the patience or skill for any of that. I already bought Tesmanian All weather Mats, Center ConsolTray, hidden armrest compartment, Sandisk endurance micro SD and reader, Jedi Hub. I’m Going nuts. So much fun. What is Plastidip for wheels?

I think I am going to go with the RPMTesla white console covers:

Model 3 or Y Center Console Plastic Cover - White Pearl (4 Piece Gen.2) - $79

You can Plastidip (a spray-on plastic coating) for your wheel covers on the 19" Geminis. This poster also used vinyl to srap the silver ring that shows to make the entire wheel black, which looks almost like the induction wheels but for only $50 and some time:

Pics of white Y with and without Gemini covers

I got red. I always crave a red car if it’s a nice red (which the Tesla is gorgeous) and I’d regret it if I didn’t go all in on it even though it’s another $2000. More important to me than snazzier looking 20” induction wheels which I can always add later for the same if not cheaper.

there are crazy fans of Ceramic Coating and PPF. It definitely provides protection but I have a friend of mine who had a ceramic coating on 2018 on a model 3 red and ordered clear bra for front bumper. Now after two years. I can still see swirls on the paint, it gets dusty and clear bra edges are visible on bumper edges . He was lucky that his did not change color in fact his buddy’s clear bra was older tech and turned yellow on a white car.
more than spending capitals on the car, it is about how you care for your car. I want both convenience and beauty. I go to automatic car wash which is killer of clear coat but my car is always clean. Have a large number of waxes and polishes and I buff the paint once a while.
Because I maintain it, even though I use automatic car wash, but paint is shiny. Rain acid and break dust will take the shine from your clear coat over time.
I rather buff it and wax it and have better end result but it needs passion, love, time and in long term as costly as ceramic coating.
It’s joyful for me though cause people appreciate your car when it’s clean and it’s like how you dress.

Not against the idea but I don’t believe any of show car roadster owners use Ceramic coating or Wraps to be honest. They buff and care! In fact they don’t even let you touch their car lol

• Love
Reactions: rxlawdude
Also there is huge arguments between detailers on how many times can you buff your car and they use measurement tools to measure how much clear coat you have.
I personally have not seen anyone damaging the paint because of buffing but in theory it may happen.
I personally think once a year should be ok. However if you consistently wax and wash, the wax will hide most of scratches and you probably don’t need to buff that often.

I think I am going to go with the RPMTesla white console covers:

Model 3 or Y Center Console Plastic Cover - White Pearl (4 Piece Gen.2) - $79

You can Plastidip (a spray-on plastic coating) for your wheel covers on the 19" Geminis. This poster also used vinyl to srap the silver ring that shows to make the entire wheel black, which looks almost like the induction wheels but for only $50 and some time:

Pics of white Y with and without Gemini covers

I have HyperDip from DYC that I will be applying to my Y when I get it next week, as well as vinyl for some edges. Should look great!

Reactions: CO_MY
I'm doing the exact same thing, though mine is 3-5 weeks out. Already got my high endurance card, the ceramic coating (going to do it DIY), and the Plastidip for the wheel covers. I have the Jeda hub on order (assuming it will come eventually). I am going to wrap the front as well.

lol, almost carbon copy of what I did - i totally support your approach.

My car color: white w/ 19" Gemini w/ aerocovers

1. I got full frontal PPF w/ partial/half hood coverage through a local body shop for < $500
2. Messed around with PlastiDip and dipped the 4 Aerocovers
3. DIY'd ceramic coating w/ AvalonKing's product (total process from washing, clay-ing, and applying was 6-7 hours, but worth the savings!)
4. Quick Bandit 2 for front license plate - also bought L.P. covers to attach on top of the QB2; which means, I had to get screws at local hardware store that were longer to accommodate for the extra depth (4 x #12-24 1 inch machine screws at Home Depot; fits wonderfully).

1. I got full frontal PPF w/ partial/half hood coverage through a local body shop for < $500
3. DIY'd ceramic coating w/ AvalonKing's product (total process from washing, clay-ing, and applying was 6-7 hours, but worth the savings!)
4. Quick Bandit 2 for front license plate - also bought L.P. covers to attach on top of the QB2; which means, I had to get screws at local hardware store that were longer to accommodate for the extra depth (4 x #12-24 1 inch machine screws at Home Depot; fits wonderfully).

I bought the Avalon King product as well and will be applying it as soon as possible after the clear bra is installed. How do you like Armor Shield? Was it easy to apply? Do you like the results so far? How did dipping the covers go? Did you also do the vinyl for the silver that shows around the covers?

I bought the Avalon King product as well and will be applying it as soon as possible after the clear bra is installed. How do you like Armor Shield? Was it easy to apply? Do you like the results so far? How did dipping the covers go? Did you also do the vinyl for the silver that shows around the covers?

sorry been out on a trip and just getting time to reply to ya, @Laguna M3

- How do I like ArmorShield? So far so good. After installing it 9/11, I've been cautious with getting it wet and wanting it to cure for as long as possible (insert suggests 4-7 days keep dry to cure). I never got to test it yet until this past weekend when I drove it up to Acadia Nat'l Park. Just got back today and will be washing the car tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes!

- It was pretty easy to apply - but labor/time intensive as you can see the applicator isn't huge. I did have enough to do 2 coats though.

- PlastiDip turned out ok - I'm content letting it go through this winter and seeing if I want to re-apply it. I have nothing against the look of it. Merely my own shitty job applying it lol. I opted to not go with the vinyl around the silver ring and I kind of like it as is. I think I'd one day do the vinyl if I wanted to protect it against road rash more so than the aesthetic look of it.

62109306750__E8C62F43-AE09-4CC9-B6B4-D331A104F2FE.JPG 6.jpg

Reactions: Laguna M3

What's the "L.P. covers" you mentioned in #4?

What's the "L.P. covers" you mentioned in #4?

@KenYoung1 license plate covers, sorry. I do a fair amount of trip driving and drives me nuts cleaning off dead bugs off license plates. These pics were of me just messing around. I ended up leaving the black frames it came w/ on there as well.

I did have to get (longer) screws at Home Depot though since the frames and other hardware added some depth. 4 x #12-24 5/8 inches (my original post said 1inch, but those are too long)

IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2492 2.jpg

@KenYoung1 license plate covers, sorry. I do a fair amount of trip driving and drives me nuts cleaning off dead bugs off license plates. These pics were of me just messing around. I ended up leaving the black frames it came w/ on there as well.

I did have to get (longer) screws at Home Depot though since the frames and other hardware added some depth. 4 x #12-24 5/8 inches (my original post said 1inch, but those are too long)

View attachment 590420 View attachment 590423 View attachment 590422
Illegal in California.

Reactions: Wolfhausen
For those using the No-Hole Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Installation kit from Ebay, any Car Wash issues with that? Someone mentioned another similar one, if possible please post details. Some of you have mentioned air flow blockage, is there really that big of an issue with such a small area partially blocking/redirecting the air? Wonder if it is illegal in CA to drill air holes in the plates for vehicle air flow? ;)

ok, @Laguna M3 - an update on the Avalon King ceramic coating.

TOTALLY worth it. I guess I'm now speaking generically about ceramic coating but it's a cherry on top for me that I didn't have to spend $2K+ for it (just a sore back the next few days :confused: lol). Today was the fastest car wash of my life and all the dead bugs splattered on front bumper, mirrors, etc all came off beautifully. It was also the fastest drying car wash of my life, lol.

I actually freaked out initially cuz I foam cannoned the car and it looked different - forgetting that I had a ceramic coat on and the soap would react differently than my pre-coating wash.

If you have the time, patience, and enough product left over, might as well do the second coating. I don't think it'll make it "better", but I am hoping the double coating helps make it last longer.

ok, @Laguna M3 - an update on the Avalon King ceramic coating.

TOTALLY worth it. I guess I'm now speaking generically about ceramic coating but it's a cherry on top for me that I didn't have to spend $2K+ for it (just a sore back the next few days :confused: lol). Today was the fastest car wash of my life and all the dead bugs splattered on front bumper, mirrors, etc all came off beautifully. It was also the fastest drying car wash of my life, lol.

I actually freaked out initially cuz I foam cannoned the car and it looked different - forgetting that I had a ceramic coat on and the soap would react differently than my pre-coating wash.

If you have the time, patience, and enough product left over, might as well do the second coating. I don't think it'll make it "better", but I am hoping the double coating helps make it last longer.

That's great to hear. I actually bought 2 bottles so I will definitely have enough should I decide to do two coats. Heck, might as well since all the prep work is already done.

Reactions: drx10