Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Bandit Gen 2 Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did armor shield about a year ago and loved the results. A year later, I feel like the coat has worn off. Also wondering if I should try Adam’s graphene next

if you do, tell us all about your results! I'm hoping my double-coat armor shield lasts at least 2 years!

What have you noticed that makes you feel like the coat has worn off? Any particular things you've picked up on?

if you do, tell us all about your results! I'm hoping my double-coat armor shield lasts at least 2 years!

What have you noticed that makes you feel like the coat has worn off? Any particular things you've picked up on?
I also applied 2 coats. Dirt and bugs are tougher to wash off and water doesn’t repel as it used to. At first It was very easy to wash the car. Not so much now

Is there a gap between the plate and the body or is it right up against it?

It looks right up against it -- does it seem like to scratch the fascia?

This eBay license plate mount still uses the grill work to secure the license plate bracket where the Quick Bandit doesn't. I'm sure if the grill were to break, it would cost more than the Quick Bandit. I paid over 70K for my Red Model Y Performance with premium black and white interior and added XPEL PPF and ceramic coating - not going to worry about $129 license plate holder that I know won't damage the grill or the PPF on the car. Just my opinion.

Today, we installed a model Y plate holder made by Thatgrin.com. They are a Colorado company that is family owned, and they are Tesla owners themselves. The bracket is made of metal and installs quickly. It can also be taken off for car washes or car shows. They’re worth checking out if you’re still shopping!
B148A1DA-3AB4-4DAB-B50B-D7F2430A8B9B.jpeg
FEBB5573-9476-447F-868A-779DC5FF87F1.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: iamnid and GOVA
I've got the Quick Bandit. It was shipped the afternoon that I ordered.

I never tried the SnapPlate. I'm sure it's good, however, I didn't particularly like the idea of using the fins as support.
That's the reason I got the quick bandit. It's been fine even after a couple bumps in to snow banks.

The screw is a standard secure torx. So a regular torx won't work, but you can get one anywhere that will. I bought this one https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D73F3XF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Helpful
Reactions: NJX3tomY
I orders the Quick Bandit rather than the Snap Plate because I like the way the Quick Bandit mounted into the grill and it also comes with lock. I live in California where front license plate always requires. The Snap Plate is very easy to steal because there is no lock.
Just to clarify. Both Quick Bandit and SnapPlate come with optional use security screws for those worried about theft in front of their sentry cameras. See attached SnapPlate photo.
Optional-Security-Screw-Gen3.jpeg

Reactions: agreif
On the outside it seems to me that any plate holder might. On the attachment points I think either snapplate or quick bandit might depending on the impact. At least for the 3/Y I'd guess that any attachment damage would not be very visible but if you got down on your knees to look inward, I'd think the snapplate would be worse / more visible.

Reactions: davidlee