Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Bandit Gen 2 Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it true that it is illegal to have these holders as the mounts should be screwed and fully secure on a bumper?
Not in my state.

"License plates assigned to a motor vehicle, other than a moped, motorcycle, autocycle, tractor truck, trailer, or semitrailer, or to persons licensed as motor vehicle dealers or transporters of unladen vehicles, shall be attached to the front and the rear of the vehicle"

On my previous car, I didnt want to damage anything so I just used a binder clip to hold the stock mounting frame to the tow hook hole. Worked like a champ for 5years! Then when I sold the car I was able to remove the plate and take pics of it without and marks on the front bumper (and tow hook cover on).

Too bad the Model Y isnt as easy, so I just got a '1975 Creations' one. Works fine, though its nowhere near as cheap as the $0.50 solution on my old car. I only take it off for long trips where I REALLY want aerodynamics maximized (and when I wash the car).

Probably a low chance I'd get a ticket for not having it, but meh, I dont need another reason to get pulled over or an added fine. If anything, it probably just blocks a small area of the front bumper from getting hit by bugs/rocks.

I don't see how anything would save the bumper including no license plate. Not sure about the grill. I think you have a better change at the grill surviving than with the snapplate. That is the primary reason I got the QB rather than the snapplate
Not sure why you quoted my post. I was responding "yes" it will damage the grille and/or bumper if someone hits you.

Not sure why you quoted my post. I was responding "yes" it will damage the grille and/or bumper if someone hits you.
I think the implication is that the QB would be bad because of damage. My point is that nothing will save the bumper given the postulation. So having a QB or not is irrelevant to worrying about bumper damage.

The grill might be another matter.

Reactions: iamnid
Pending delivery of my new MYP 2023 and im interested in either the snap plate or the Quick bandit.

My question is do they only lock in dead center or can they be offset to the left or the right side of the grille area?

If anyone can report if that's possible it would be great or I may be looking at the tow hook plate mount alternative as I don't like my plat sitting dead center of the car.

Sounds like you should have bought a BMW or Subaru.
ironically a bit funny, but its something about shoving an ugly plate on the center of a bumper its just off putting, I currently have a 2019 Range Rover velar and I have a sly bracket Bozzmount installed on that and it looks way better IMO. so definitely looking for a similar setup on my TESLA.
IMG_0346.jpg

based on how it grips the behind the bumper I think it might but I'd ask the quick bandit folks.

Reactions: FREYLOCK
I have the quick bandit (I've actually never used it other than to mount the plate and then mount the quick bandit to see how it looks -- the place mounted to the bandit lives in my trunk).

Yes, you can mount it off-center but it might slide left and right a bit as it is made to be placed between two vertical plastic pieces in the grille which keep it from moving left and right. There are a couple of these vertical pieces spaced throughout the length so you could mount it at various spots.

To each their own, but I think the off-center plate on that Land Rover looks a bit odd.

I have the quick bandit (I've actually never used it other than to mount the plate and then mount the quick bandit to see how it looks -- the place mounted to the bandit lives in my trunk).

Yes, you can mount it off-center but it might slide left and right a bit as it is made to be placed between two vertical plastic pieces in the grille which keep it from moving left and right. There are a couple of these vertical pieces spaced throughout the length so you could mount it at various spots.

To each their own, but I think the off-center plate on that Land Rover looks a bit odd.
It is odd but I like it that way. Like they say to each their own . And I was thinking there was a few spots I could mount it. Thanks for the information. Since I own a sly bracket I may just try that and see if it works. But I’m leaning towards the quick bandit if not.

Reactions: iamnid
It is odd but I like it that way. Like they say to each their own . And I was thinking there was a few spots I could mount it. Thanks for the information. Since I own a sly bracket I may just try that and see if it works. But I’m leaning towards the quick bandit if not.
Cool. The bandit is a very well built mount. It's probably overpriced but it definitely works and seems robust.

Cool. The bandit is a very well built mount. It's probably overpriced but it definitely works and seems robust.

I got the Quick Bandit for MY 2023. I like how it looks and the build quality, but it has way too much play when installed:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...51mYcfU6GdeQf5zhnxUzySWNleneyUhm7xbibTsu5TQDQ

For now, I'm putting a layer of insulation foam between the mount hooks and the bumper to reduce the bouncing, but I'm a little frustrated that I have to do this - given the price, I expected it to just work...

Did anybody have a problem like this?

I got the Quick Bandit for MY 2023. I like how it looks and the build quality, but it has way too much play when installed:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...51mYcfU6GdeQf5zhnxUzySWNleneyUhm7xbibTsu5TQDQ

For now, I'm putting a layer of insulation foam between the mount hooks and the bumper to reduce the bouncing, but I'm a little frustrated that I have to do this - given the price, I expected it to just work...

So I diverted I found a mount on Amazon and I’m very happy with its stability and looks!!! Very well put together and no slop

No Drill Front License Plate Holder for Tesla Model Y, Toolless Install with Anti-Theft Features, No Adhesives Aluminum License Plate Bracket Mounting Kit (Model Y 2020-2023) https://a.co/d/i4sm0Oy

I’ll post pics in a bit but overall I’m very happy with it for $80

Pic is a 404.

Mine has almost no play and I don't even have to secure it with the screws.