TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quick Charger in Roanoke, VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by muleferg, Dec 16, 2014.

1. muleferg

muleferg Member

Just received this clipping from my mother in law about a Quick Charger in downtown Roanoke. For Leaf and Tesla. I'm guessing it has CHAdeMO. Not listed on Plug Share yet. Wonder if it has a Tesla cable

IMG_2849.JPG

2. linkster

linkster Member

Thanks for posting.

Maybe there's hope for Va after all. :wink::wink:

3. JST

JST Active Member

4. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

That's great news for Leaf owners! Looking at the Eaton website, they mention work on a J1772 option for this charger. Downtown Roanoke has plenty of options for dining,etc, so that will be a nice location for I81 travelers if we ever get the Chademo adapter.

FYI the transportation museum charger mentioned in the article is about 4-5 blocks from this one, decent location for downtown charging.

5. tmourmouras

tmourmouras New Member

Awesome news

6. swengl

swengl Member

We should encourage Lynchburg to do the same thing. Put one down at the Community Market or in the parking lot of one of the grocery stores, perhaps?

7. swengl

swengl Member

I walked by the EATON charger the other day, it is right outside of the Well Fargo building downtown and it wasn't even ICEd ;)

8. drrjv

drrjv Member

So just to be clear, can the Eaton charger be used with a Tesla? And how fast would it provide charging?

9. JST

JST Active Member

Not without a CHAdeMO adapter, which is still not available to the public outside of the closed beta trial that Tesla is running. Word from Jerome was that they would start shipping in Jan...we've got a few days left, I suppose.

10. muleferg

muleferg Member

Noticed on another site that some are receiving the CHAdeMo adapter. Maybe they will start taking orders soon.