TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quick Connection Phone Dock fit Androids well?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Lucent, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Lucent

Lucent Member

The new Quick Connection Phone Dock advertises its compatibility with iPhones but also says it has a Micro USB connector. Can anyone confirm the clearance and fit is good on Android phones, particularly the Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

2. Casavant

Casavant Member

Yep. Ive got a note5. The power connector works well. The interchangeable guides do not, they are too narrow for the note, but not needed. Enjoy!

3. rdr1rx

rdr1rx Member

Samsung Galaxy S6. Doesn't fit using the smaller guide plates. Won't even plug into the quick connect because I have an anti-shock waterproof case which adds 1/4" bulk all around. So I took out the quick connect base and just use the now loose micro USB cord to connect my phone. It just sits in the compartment angled and off to the side. Don't really care if thr phone doesn't sit upright and secure. As long as it charges, I'm good.

4. Casavant

Casavant Member

I discovered the quick connect is adjustable with 2 screws to accommodate different case widths.