Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Connection Phone Dock fit Androids well?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Quick Connection Phone Dock advertises its compatibility with iPhones but also says it has a Micro USB connector. Can anyone confirm the clearance and fit is good on Android phones, particularly the Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

The new Quick Connection Phone Dock advertises its compatibility with iPhones but also says it has a Micro USB connector. Can anyone confirm the clearance and fit is good on Android phones, particularly the Samsung Galaxy Note 5?
Yep. Ive got a note5. The power connector works well. The interchangeable guides do not, they are too narrow for the note, but not needed. Enjoy!

Samsung Galaxy S6. Doesn't fit using the smaller guide plates. Won't even plug into the quick connect because I have an anti-shock waterproof case which adds 1/4" bulk all around. So I took out the quick connect base and just use the now loose micro USB cord to connect my phone. It just sits in the compartment angled and off to the side. Don't really care if thr phone doesn't sit upright and secure. As long as it charges, I'm good.

Samsung Galaxy S6. Doesn't fit using the smaller guide plates. Won't even plug into the quick connect because I have an anti-shock waterproof case which adds 1/4" bulk all around. So I took out the quick connect base and just use the now loose micro USB cord to connect my phone. It just sits in the compartment angled and off to the side. Don't really care if thr phone doesn't sit upright and secure. As long as it charges, I'm good.
I discovered the quick connect is adjustable with 2 screws to accommodate different case widths.