TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quick lock upon entering the car? (non-fob)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chris TX, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

With every single other car I've owned (or know of) there is a physical lock/unlock button that is quickly accessible. With the Model S, you can lock it with a few navigation clicks in the UI, or fumble around for the key fob. Or, take even longer to access the Smartphone app to lock.
    Does anyone else know how to quickly lock the car upon entering? I'm thinking about this from a security standpoint.

Also, auto-presenting ONLY the driver's door handle would be a nice selectable security feature.

2. GSP

GSP Member

Does the Model S auto lock when you put it in gear? With other cars I find this faster than using the lock button, since I am doing this anyway as I put my seatbelt on.

GSP

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

If you enter the MS with fob in hand the way you used to with your ICE key, then pressing the center button to lock the car is a piece of cake. By the way I do the same when leaving the car in situations where waiting for auto-lock might give enough time to those with bad intentions.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Yes - it's an option in settings...

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Go into settings and click "On" for entering and leaving the vehicle.