Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Notes on Y, Post-Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the input on the Y. One question I wanted to ask any Y owners was on rear visibility. Is it noticeably worse than the model 3, which for me was the worst rear visibility I’ve had on a car (I’ve adjusted but still pretty limited). I know you can throw on the rear cam but if mapping something I’d like to know if I should pursue trading up and wondered. Thanks
Rear visibility is terrible on the Y to be honest. It's a tiny window from the rear view mirror.

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown
I am confused, you said,

"I have a Stealth P. I've watched a few videos of people taking delivery of stealth P's and not having an P badge or the CF Spoiler. Spoke to Tesla and this was done on purpose as they build all vehicles, performance or dual motor, exactly the same to simplify initial production. This is why AWD only people are seeing performance VINS. On FB some of the newer VINS 3,000+ that are stealth are coming prebadged and with the spoiler installed. This will be resolved in the next few weeks."

By "Stealth P", do you mean you ordered a Model Y Performance version of the car, i.e. non Performance Upgrade Pack (PIP)? Or did you order just a base Model Y?

The only time you get a CF Spoiler and I believe the red line under the badge is if you order the PUP I am pretty sure.

That's the confusion I think. The Model Y performance NON PUP is supposed to come with the red underlined badge and carbon spoiler. The spoiler is even shown on the monroney sticker for performance NON PUP cars. Early Performance NON PUPs have been shipping without them for some reason (current theory is to speed production).

The PUP only adds:

• Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
Notice no mention of a Carbon spoiler in that list. All other performance trim items should come with the non pup trims as well.

On the other side of the coin, we are seeing AWD models with VIN numbers that would indicate that they are a performance model (which they are not).

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
That's the confusion I think. The Model Y performance NON PUP is supposed to come with the red underlined badge and carbon spoiler. The spoiler is even shown on the monroney sticker for performance NON PUP cars. Early Performance NON PUPs have been shipping without them for some reason (current theory is to speed production).

The PUP only adds:

• Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
Notice no mention of a Carbon spoiler in that list. All other performance trim items should come with the non pup trims as well.

On the other side of the coin, we are seeing AWD models with VIN numbers that would indicate that they are a performance model (which they are not).
Not good. That spoiler isn't purely decorative, and certainly matters when you're "only" going 145mph.

I am confused, you said,

"I have a Stealth P. I've watched a few videos of people taking delivery of stealth P's and not having an P badge or the CF Spoiler. Spoke to Tesla and this was done on purpose as they build all vehicles, performance or dual motor, exactly the same to simplify initial production. This is why AWD only people are seeing performance VINS. On FB some of the newer VINS 3,000+ that are stealth are coming prebadged and with the spoiler installed. This will be resolved in the next few weeks."

By "Stealth P", do you mean you ordered a Model Y Performance version of the car, i.e. non Performance Upgrade Pack (PIP)? Or did you order just a base Model Y?

The only time you get a CF Spoiler and I believe the red line under the badge is if you order the PUP I am pretty sure.

yes when i say stealth i mean non pup. the mvpa and monroney sticker shows the cf spoiler being included for non pup vehicles. here is one that was delivered with the badge and cf spoiler without the pup package.
Model Y - Non PUP - With CF Spoiler and Badge

Even more interesting. It is an "F". I should also add that my insurance company (USAA) says it is a "performance" model.

That's why USAA tells me I have a performance model. To be fair, what I wanted was a stealth Performance with Induction Wheels. Seems like that is what I got. So how do I get the Performance unlock since I'm paying insurance as if I had a Performance. ;)

yes when i say stealth i mean non pup. the mvpa and monroney sticker shows the cf spoiler being included for non pup vehicles. here is one that was delivered with the badge and cf spoiler without the pup package.
Model Y - Non PUP - With CF Spoiler and Badge

Yeah, I see that on the Tesla page now as well, interesting, I guess all Performance MY's come with a spoiler regardless if its a PUP or not. Wouldn't be the first time a car maker had some features meant for one version end up on another... early production and all..

Reactions: Electric Steve