Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Ordering Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Day one reservation holder who is getting ready to place my order for a RWD Blue Model 3 with 18" and EAP. I've been trying to wait as long as possible as I have a current lease (Audi A3) that doesn't go back until the end of April, but I don't want to miss getting in on the full tax credit. Based on the website, delivery is quotes as within 4 weeks. So it sounds like I shouldn't have any issues getting my vehicle by December 31st, even in the unlikely event I have to refuse the initial delivery due to major issues.

So I currently have a pre-approval through SunCoast CU (2.50% for 72 months), so based on this, when I go to configure my vehicle, should I select the Cash or Finance option?

While, I will definitely be financing the vehicle, I wanted to be sure I select the correct option to ensure that Tesla doesn't try and do another hard pull and find me a lender given I already have one.

You will be given three options - Cash, Financing through Tesla, or Third Party Financing.

I had read the same thing in another post when I did a search. However, I only have two options available when start the configuration - Cash or Finance. If I select finance, it does not give me an additional option to choose between Tesla or Third Party Financing.

I had read the same thing in another post when I did a search. However, I only have two options available when start the configuration - Cash or Finance. If I select finance, it does not give me an additional option to choose between Tesla or Third Party Financing.
Weird, they must have changed the process. Either way, when you are closer to delivery they will ask you for more information if you choose financing. They shouldn't do a hard pull on your credit unless you tell them you want financing through Tesla.

Unlike seemingly everyone else, my recommendation is cash. You will be paying for the car with a check from the bank.
Be ready for delivery in a week. Make sure that you have the financing and insurance ready to pull the trigger.
You're getting the same car that I've got, it's a great selection.

It looks as if Sarasota and Melbourne have some Drive Electric Week events, you might want to drop by and you should be able to talk to some owners directly. National Drive Electric Week 2018 - Event Map

• Informative
Reactions: Spy021
When I configured my car back in June (AWD, Silver Metallic, EAP, FSD) I had three choices "Cash, Financing through Tesla, or Third Party Financing". I chose Financing.

Last week I was given a delivery date of Sept 19 (next Wed) so my account was updated asking me to verify all my information. When it came to payment, the options changed to "Financing or Cash". I chose Financing since I am getting a Cashier's Check, as well getting a loan from Tropical Financial Credit Union. The page then asked if it was Tesla financing or Third Party. Third Party option then brought more questions about Bank name, address, amount financing.... I entered loan amount of $35K and it then showed me the remaining balance that will be due ( I am getting a loan for $35K and paying the balance with Cashier's Check).