Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick question about hauling long items?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GolanB

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2018
NYC
Tomorrow I’ve got to pick up some mouldings from the local home improvement store.

They are 96 inches long and I’d like to know if they’ll fit inside with the rear seats down, through the rear trunk and across to the the center console in the front of the car?

Thanks.

I bought the aerodynamic roof rack sold by Tesla. I can highly recommend them for hauling stuff that won't fit. I've hauled a 10' 6x6 and they handled it great. The best thing is the bare bars have only a very slight impact on range - they really slice through the air nicely.

I have these installed already and have used them mostly to haul luggage for road trips. When we sold our Model X, space became more of an issue. I would have tied them to our roof rack had I not been able to fit them inside.

It turns out these base moldings weren't in stock, so my contractor picked them up from the lumber yard. When we picked up our paint yesterday in industrial 5 Gallon containers, half the hardware store employees came out to ask me demonstrate summon ;)