Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick question about offset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a winter tire package. Tires are 245/45r19 just like the oems but they are on aftermarket wheels. The seller says they were off a bmw 7 series so I suspect they have 25 offset. Will these work? Worst case would I just need to get a spacer?

Just fit them to know for sure, ET25 is a borderline fit on the front axle. And no, spacers would LOWER the offset.
Lastly, be sure that the wheels have a flush fit to the brake disc mounting surface. There's a nasty torx bolt protruding ever so slightly from that surface.

I'm looking at a winter tire package. Tires are 245/45r19 just like the oems but they are on aftermarket wheels. The seller says they were off a bmw 7 series so I suspect they have 25 offset. Will these work? Worst case would I just need to get a spacer?

Are you buying the wheels and tires or just the tires? If the latter, offset is not affected by tires.

If you're buying the wheels and tires offset of +25 should not be an issue. If it's negative offset you will have a problem.

As PaulusdB recommends it's always a good idea to test fit.

No worries, you should be fine with the 25mm offset on 245/45R19 tires.
I run OEM forged BMW wheels with a 15mm offset and have no issues.
The wheels will be pushed to the edge of the fenders for a more aggressive fit. :cool:

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG