TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quick question about offset

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lukez, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Lukez

Lukez Member

I'm looking at a winter tire package. Tires are 245/45r19 just like the oems but they are on aftermarket wheels. The seller says they were off a bmw 7 series so I suspect they have 25 offset. Will these work? Worst case would I just need to get a spacer?

2. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

Just fit them to know for sure, ET25 is a borderline fit on the front axle. And no, spacers would LOWER the offset.
    Lastly, be sure that the wheels have a flush fit to the brake disc mounting surface. There's a nasty torx bolt protruding ever so slightly from that surface.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Are you buying the wheels and tires or just the tires? If the latter, offset is not affected by tires.

If you're buying the wheels and tires offset of +25 should not be an issue. If it's negative offset you will have a problem.

As PaulusdB recommends it's always a good idea to test fit.

4. Cowby

Cowby Member

I've got a set of 5mm spacers u can have as I don't need them....just pay shipping.

5. Lukez

Lukez Member

Getting wheels and tires but I just noticed the bore size is different as well. So I would need a centering ring as well. Might just have to pass on them though the price is right, dang.

6. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

You're going to have to (re)balance the wheels anyhow, so ask that shop to supply you with the correct size centering rings.

7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

No worries, you should be fine with the 25mm offset on 245/45R19 tires.
    I run OEM forged BMW wheels with a 15mm offset and have no issues.
    The wheels will be pushed to the edge of the fenders for a more aggressive fit. :cool:

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG