Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Question regarding Panoramic roofs.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother is thinking about buying a model S, however, we're both a bit confused. We've been looking a post-facelift CPOs and under the 'features' of some, it says 'All Glass Panoramic Roof' but on other CPOs it says 'sunroof'. I initially thought that the pano roof was essentially a immovable all glass roof and sunroof was a movable glass roof but after searching the differences between the two on youtube and google, I feel as though they're one thing: all glass roof that's movable.

However, that doesn't seem right as Tesla lists them differently under their 'feature' section. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks!

If you look at the Model S Design Studio the Panoramic Roof is the standard option.
There is a $2,000 Sunroof option allowing to install a roof rack and includes a satellite radio antenna.

Since the Model S does not provide a Towing Package, this could be a useful option to carry bicycles for example.

Get a sunroof or not to get a sun roof?

s%20model%20pano%201.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-08-19-at-4.15.50-PM.png

Last edited:
The pano is the standard fixed glass roof, does not retract and you cannot install a roof rack on the car.

Sunroof offers retractable roof for the front seats and the possiblity to install a roof rack and apparently satellite radio in the US.

Both options are glass roofs, there is no longer metal roofs.

All-glass panoramic roof (let's call it AGPR for now) was the old name for the Sunroof. This is an all-glass roof, with a movable front pane.

Glass roof became available later on, which is a fixed, single pane of glass. When this option was introduced, they renamed AGPR to Sunroof to better differentiate them, as they are both technically all-glass roofs.

CPOs will have their options listed as per their original configuration sheet and what certain options were called at that particular time. Older cars will have AGPR listed in the option list, newer cars will list Sunroof. They are both referring to the roof that can open. If it says Glass roof, it does not open.

Long story short, pano = sunroof = openable. Glass roof is the fixed roof.