TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Quick Question: Uploading Docs after Order

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Buster1, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

I've uploaded everything but insurance. Just passed the 3 day mark and the automated Tesla email said to get that in ASAP to "avoid delays in my order."

Will delaying my insurance upload really delay production of my car?

Seems a bit odd to get insurance now anyway (and pay for it) since my new Tesla is still 6-8 weeks away.

2. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

I am thinking its an generic automated email sent after confirmation....

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

They just need all that before delivery. All you need to give them now is a copy of your current insurance card to show that you actually have insurance. That’s what I did. It’s a holdover from the days people didn’t have insurance. I doubt anyone ordering an S or X doesn’t have insurance.

If you are financing through Tesla directly they need a copy of the final insurance documents but you might not have those until after delivery. I didn’t until I had the car. Then they faxed a copy over.

If you are financing directly with Alliant or other CU/bank, Tesla never needs the final insurance, but the bank holding the lien will.

4. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Thanks Lee, that's great info. I appreciate the help.

• Like x 1