Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick rant! (About an Idiot at 5 AM)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a valid response by the trucker, sorry. ;) Although I'm surprised since the Tesla high beams are not really that bright and the low beams are often not enough on some rural roads.

In an ideal world the truck driver would know in fact your wife meant no harm and is a good person, so he should show her some patience. However, all he knows is that yet another asshole Tesla driver is being inconsiderate. And yes, there are a lot of asshole Tesla drivers. How do I know? Because I might be one of them!

So you blinded him, and he blinded you in return, and gave you the international thank you sign for your unthoughtfulness, and you have an issue with it?

We weren’t pissed off about anything. We just think the semi driver could have calmed his “tits” and waited a few seconds. And BTW if we were pissed about anything we would have slowed down and gave him the finger back.

Yes, I agree with you until the part about giving the finger back -- it's not worth escalating. She made a mistake, he flashed her, she turned it off. He didn't need to do any follow-up. Some people are just mad at the world . I've done some pretty stupid stuff myself while driving especially when I was younger. There's a lot of truth to this -- in addition to the great humour:

I ignore all this stuff, assuming the opposing driver is a meth addict with a 44 Magnum who just got a restraining order from his ex wife.

This will now go through my mind whenever I consider giving someone the Trudeau Salute. Thanks for that.

Just curious: for those reporting that auto high beams are not working to your satisfaction, do you have adaptive headlights? Mine has been working flawlessly and respond very quickly to both oncoming traffic and when I am closing in behind another vehicle. Occasionally they will be triggered by reflective surfaces (such as traffic signs), but other than that I can't complain.

Yeah that, I’m amazed at how well the auto high beams work.