Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Review of TopFit Wireless Phone Charger for Model X & S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to share a quick review of the TopFit Wireless Phone Charger for the Tesla Model X and Model S. I have typically used the Tesla charger that came with the X for my iPhone X but really wanted a clean, professional looking wireless option. I have been very impressed with TopFit’s Charger! It looks great and took about 5 minutes to install including installing a 5-port USB hub below the console so I can keep all my charging cables plugged in below the console and keep one USB port open up top. I’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have about my install.

I just wanted to share a quick review of the TopFit Wireless Phone Charger for the Tesla Model X and Model S. I have typically used the Tesla charger that came with the X for my iPhone X but really wanted a clean, professional looking wireless option. I have been very impressed with TopFit’s Charger! It looks great and took about 5 minutes to install including installing a 5-port USB hub below the console so I can keep all my charging cables plugged in below the console and keep one USB port open up top. I’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have about my install.

Looks great. I watched your video, then ordered one. It’s due June 5. I wonder if your video contributed to it now being backordered.

Hi.....which option is needed to work with the iPhone X
I see a qi wireless option listed at $49.99 and a wireless option listed at $39.99
Wonder what the difference is

I think the $49 one comes woth a cigarette lighter USB plug. I ordered the $39 item and no cigarette lighter plug was included.

Thanks and makes sense as in the photo they show the cig plug
I reached out to them and it looks like if I understood it correctly, the cig plug enables a faster charge
Also appears the $39.99 version may be removed and the $49.99 option will be the prime option for wireless moving forward

Would feel more comfortable in buying their products - if there was a presence other than items being listed on Amazon... Especially for something like the wireless chargers...

They're listed on eBay too if that makes you feel better ;)

I have actually purchased from TopFit - floor mats. They did not fit my car and I needed to do a return. The company is based in China so it was a bit of a hassel to do a return as the shipping would have cost an absurd amount - and they tried to get me to pay for it. When I refused, they found another US customer asked me to ship it to that person instead and gave me their contact info. I ended up calling that person and telling them the mats were defective (rear mats), but it turned out it was a warranty claim (front mats) so the guy didn't really care. It took some prodding but they covered the shipping to the other guy.

Overall probably more of a hassel than I would have liked; but they ultimately did the right thing as I didn't incur any out of pocket costs.

Having only a storefront on Amazon or Ebay without any links back to an actual website or physical location isn't very encouraging.

The wireless charging is an electronic component - what's the warranty on the charger? What if it damages the much more expensive smartphones? What smartphones have they tested?

I'm willing to take a risk on purchasing products from startups. The Skyline folks have been great to work with on their products supporting different sizes of smartphones in the Tesla standard console.

Topfit may have a lot of different products, but without something more than a couple of storefronts, I'll probably steer clear of them for now.

OH,no,I am feel so sorry that you guys,how can you do that.
If you have any questions I think contact their CS,they will help you to solve the problems.
Which mats you purchased and it does not match your Tesla car?
I have purchased the Tesla model X trunk mat for my Model X 90D,fits well.I feel so strange you said such things out.:rolleyes:

I bought their full set. Trunk, front mats, mid mats, rear seat backs, trunk mats. Everything except for the mids fit. Tesla had a minor change in shape that caused the mats not to have full coverage. The mats I bought were for an earlier model than what I had but at the time they did not distinguish between the two.

My comment about them is just factual. I still use topfit products, I prefer their rear seat back mat and rear trunk mat. I prefer the standard weather-tec front trunk, front and mid mats instead though.

I was searching for info on wireless charging options and came upon this thread. Check out the user 'Elice' and all his/her posts, obviously an employee of Topfit. Is there a forum rule against 3rd party sellers impersonating customers?
You just have to report the posts using the link in the bottom left corner of the post. It's frustrating, this isn't the only example, although I reported some other posts for another vendor and that user seems to have been removed now.

• Helpful
Reactions: docbrown
I bought a 3 coil wireless Qi charger off amazon for bettter performance , took the top cover off and glue the rest to the back of the regular tray which is available at 10-15 bux. Works perfectly even with my thick phone case on. No cutting needed

Could you provide the link to the exact coil you bought? Would you have some pictures of the installation process? I would love to be able to do this to my X once I get it ;)

Thanks!