Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick service question - Tire with slow leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello all,

I have what seems to be a very slow leak in my left rear tire since day one it seems. I took ownership of this new LR AWD M3 in June. I’ve not seen any nails or other reasons for the leak and the valve stem is tight (I have a small hand tool to tighten and remove stems). I was thinking about using the Tesla app to either request road side assistance or to schedule mobile service, as getting to my nearest SC would take an hour each way. Two questions. First, would there be a charge for using roadside assistance or requesting a mobile service for this issue? Second, which path should I choose - roadside or mobile service via the app? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)

Call Roadside, tell them you have a flat and if you are in the service area they will bring you out a loaner tire no charge. Schedule a service appointment at the SC and bring the leaking tire in. Probably a bead leak or a pin hole somewhere.

Hello all,

I have what seems to be a very slow leak in my left rear tire since day one it seems. I took ownership of this new LR AWD M3 in June. I’ve not seen any nails or other reasons for the leak and the valve stem is tight (I have a small hand tool to tighten and remove stems). I was thinking about using the Tesla app to either request road side assistance or to schedule mobile service, as getting to my nearest SC would take an hour each way. Two questions. First, would there be a charge for using roadside assistance or requesting a mobile service for this issue? Second, which path should I choose - roadside or mobile service via the app? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)
It is a tire I would take to a trusted local tire shop.