Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QuickJack BL-5000SLX sale @ Costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 7000 which I believe is the same spread. It fits, and I had the car in the air for 48 hours without issue, but as a heads up my jack pads sit on only half the rubber block. At first it made me a little nervous but still feels perfectly stable.

I believe (not tested but ok according to the manual) that if the lack of coverage on the jack point concerns you it's possible to run the jacks across the bottom of the car left/right instead forward/back.

I have the 7000 which I believe is the same spread. It fits, and I had the car in the air for 48 hours without issue, but as a heads up my jack pads sit on only half the rubber block. At first it made me a little nervous but still feels perfectly stable.

I believe (not tested but ok according to the manual) that if the lack of coverage on the jack point concerns you it's possible to run the jacks across the bottom of the car left/right instead forward/back.
True. I measured the longitudinal spread between the jack points @ 58.5" & lateral spread @ 55.25".

Hey everyone. I thought I would share my experience in case it helps anyone trying to decide which Quickjack model to buy. Sorry for the lengthy post, but it might be worth reading for some.

Last year, I bought the 5000SLX model from Costco. It was on one of their periodic sales for $999. Back then, the bundle was a little different than now and included 4 medium + 4 tall rubber lift blocks (instead of the pinch blocks and wall hangers).

Anyway, I tried/used it a few times and discovered the jack/platform is just not quite long enough to completely fit the Model 3 (when the Quickjack is positioned in the normal front-to-back orientation underneath the vehicle). Yes, you can get it to work. But, here’s what I discovered... If you use those hockey puck-shaped jack adapters which are designed to be inserted into the four jack point holes located underneath the Model 3, the bottom surface of those puck-shaped jack adapters does not make full contact with the Quickjack lifting platform (again, when the Quickjack is positioned in the normal front-to-back orientation underneath the vehicle). In other words, part of your hockey puck-shaped jack adapter will hang off the edge of the Quickjack on both ends. If I recall correctly, those jack adapter pucks would overhang the edge of the SLX Quickjack platform by about 1 to 1-1/2 inches on each end of the Quickjack. Since the puck-shaped jack adapters are typically 3” in diameter, that means about 1/3 of the jack adapter was unsupported by the Quickjack platform. Assuming you positioned the Quickjack underneath the Model 3 such that there was an even amount of overhang on both ends, I don’t think the overhang was enough to present any real safety concern. However, I just never really felt comfortable with the overhang and wanted something that truly fits the Model 3... and where I didn’t have to worry about being so careful to perfectly position & center the Quickjack underneath the vehicle every time I used it.

So, I ended up returning the 5000SLX and getting the slightly longer 5000EXT model. The EXT model is 6” longer than the SLX model (so, you have an extra 3” on each end of the Quickjack). IMO, this is just perfect for the Model 3. You don’t have to be as precise in where/how you position the EXT model underneath your Model 3. For me, the slightly longer EXT model simply made using the Quickjack much easier than the SLX model. Of course, the predicament was Costco does not carry the 5000EXT model. So, if you like the convenience, generous/easy return policy, and of course lower price with buying from Costco, then you’re stuck with the SLX model. Or are you?.... Here is what I did:

I called Quickjack customer service and told them was interested in buying one of their products from Costco, since it was on sale for $999. However, the SLX model Costco has/sells was simply too short for my vehicle. Quickjack agreed that the SLX model is just a tad bit too short for the Model 3. They recommended getting either their optional add-on frame extension kit for the SLX model (which retails for $239) or buying the 5000EXT model instead. The Quickjack website advertises & sells their 5000SLX model for $1416 and their 5000EXT model for $1471. That is a difference of only $55 between these two models. When I checked other Quickjack retailers, the lowest price I could find for the 5000EXT model was around $1350. I was not keen on spending another $350 over the $999 price I saw on Costco, just to get the slightly longer EXT model. So, I asked Quickjack customer service if they would match the Costco price of $999 for the SLX model and then simply charge me their advertised difference of $55 to upgrade to the EXT model. To my surprise, Quickjack customer service said they would accommodate my request. So, I ended up buying the 5000EXT model directly from Quickjack for $999 + $55 = $1054 delivered, which also included the 4 medium + 4 tall rubber lift blocks.
I guess the moral of the story is... it never hurts to ask... politely.

NOTE, if you don’t care about using the four built-in jack point holes underneath your Tesla to lift the vehicle (in other words, you’re OK with using a slightly different lift point that is a little off-center of the four designated jack point holes), then the 5000SLX model will work just fine and any standard square or rectangular shaped jack block will make 100% contact with and be fully supported by the Quickjack 5000SLX platform.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I thought I would share my experience in case it helps anyone trying to decide which Quickjack model to buy. Sorry for the lengthy post, but it might be worth reading for some.

Last year, I bought the 5000SLX model from Costco. It was on one of their periodic sales for $999. Back then, the bundle was a little different than now and included 4 medium + 4 tall rubber lift blocks (instead of the pinch blocks and wall hangers).

Anyway, I tried/used it a few times and discovered the jack/platform is just not quite long enough to completely fit the Model 3 (when the Quickjack is positioned in the normal front-to-back orientation underneath the vehicle). Yes, you can get it to work. But, here’s what I discovered... If you use those hockey puck-shaped jack adapters which are designed to be inserted into the four jack point holes located underneath the Model 3, the bottom surface of those puck-shaped jack adapters does not make full contact with the Quickjack lifting platform (again, when the Quickjack is positioned in the normal front-to-back orientation underneath the vehicle). In other words, part of your hockey puck-shaped jack adapter will hang off the edge of the Quickjack on both ends. If I recall correctly, those jack adapter pucks would overhang the edge of the SLX Quickjack platform by about 1 to 1-1/2 inches on each end of the Quickjack. Since the puck-shaped jack adapters are typically 3” in diameter, that means about 1/3 of the jack adapter was unsupported by the Quickjack platform. Assuming you positioned the Quickjack underneath the Model 3 such that there was an even amount of overhang on both ends, I don’t think the overhang was enough to present any real safety concern. However, I just never really felt comfortable with the overhang and wanted something that truly fits the Model 3... and where I didn’t have to worry about being so careful to perfectly position & center the Quickjack underneath the vehicle every time I used it.

So, I ended up returning the 5000SLX and getting the slightly longer 5000EXT model. The EXT model is 6” longer than the SLX model (so, you have an extra 3” on each end of the Quickjack). IMO, this is just perfect for the Model 3. You don’t have to be as precise in where/how you position the EXT model underneath your Model 3. For me, the slightly longer EXT model simply made using the Quickjack much easier than the SLX model. Of course, the predicament was Costco does not carry the 5000EXT model. So, if you like the convenience, generous/easy return policy, and of course lower price with buying from Costco, then you’re stuck with the SLX model. Or are you?.... Here is what I did:

I called Quickjack customer service and told them was interested in buying one of their products from Costco, since it was on sale for $999. However, the SLX model Costco has/sells was simply too short for my vehicle. Quickjack agreed that the SLX model is just a tad bit too short for the Model 3. They recommended getting either their optional add-on frame extension kit for the SLX model (which retails for $239) or buying the 5000EXT model instead. The Quickjack website advertises & sells their 5000SLX model for $1416 and their 5000EXT model for $1471. That is a difference of only $55 between these two models. When I checked other Quickjack retailers, the lowest price I could find for the 5000EXT model was around $1350. I was not keen on spending another $350 over the $999 price I saw on Costco, just to get the slightly longer EXT model. So, I asked Quickjack customer service if they would match the Costco price of $999 for the SLX model and then simply charge me their advertised difference of $55 to upgrade to the EXT model. To my surprise, Quickjack customer service said they would accommodate my request. So, I ended up buying the 5000EXT model directly from Quickjack for $999 + $55 = $1054 delivered, which also included the 4 medium + 4 tall rubber lift blocks.
I guess the moral of the story is... it never hurts to ask... politely.

NOTE, if you don’t care about using the four built-in jack point holes underneath your Tesla to lift the vehicle (in other words, you’re OK with using a slightly different lift point that is a little off-center of the four designated jack point holes), then the 5000SLX model will work just fine and any standard square or rectangular shaped jack block will make 100% contact with and be fully supported by the Quickjack 5000SLX platform.

Hope this helps....
Thanks for sharing - that's useful info. I saw someone else on here mention the same (might've been you) - did you ever try lifting without adapters & straight on the rubber blocks? I believe someone said that it fits just fine when using only the blocks, but I imagine you still have to be precise about it. Option B is to lift the car with the rails positioned perpendicularly, which would give you a few extra inches.

I will echo @GreenHokie, but I didn't call QJ for a price adjustment to get the EXT. You can turn the 5000SLX 90° and it will work. Doing it this way will keep the pads squarely planted on the rubber blocks. Doing it this way does not impede your access to the under panels if you need to remove them while using the QJ.

@Dolemite, if you leave out the blocks, the lip of the jack will be higher than the thickness of the jack pads, the frame will rest on that lip instead of the pads.

The add on extensions might add too much thickness to the overall height of the QJ, and the additional cost is a bit high in my opinion are the reasons for my not getting it.

So, if you don't mind the slight inconvenience of rotating it 90° from normal use, the BL5000SLX will work just fine.

Additionally, the QJ are pretty heavy and a little unwieldy to move around on those small wheels that are narrowly spaced. If they were spaced further apart that would make them more stable. So, when moving them around make sure you have a firm grasp, you do not want to drop them.

I will echo @GreenHokie, but I didn't call QJ for a price adjustment to get the EXT. You can turn the 5000SLX 90° and it will work. Doing it this way will keep the pads squarely planted on the rubber blocks. Doing it this way does not impede your access to the under panels if you need to remove them while using the QJ.

@Dolemite, if you leave out the blocks, the lip of the jack will be higher than the thickness of the jack pads, the frame will rest on that lip instead of the pads.

The add on extensions might add too much thickness to the overall height of the QJ, and the additional cost is a bit high in my opinion are the reasons for my not getting it.

So, if you don't mind the slight inconvenience of rotating it 90° from normal use, the BL5000SLX will work just fine.
I'm not suggesting leaving out the blocks - I'm suggesting leaving out the adapters that we've all collectively invented, since they're not a necessity (SCs don't even use them). I saw guys saying that simply using the lifting blocks straight onto the jack point fit just fine with the 5000SLX.

• Informative
Reactions: SalisburySam
I'm not suggesting leaving out the blocks - I'm suggesting leaving out the adapters that we've all collectively invented, since they're not a necessity (SCs don't even use them). I saw guys saying that simply using the lifting blocks straight onto the jack point fit just fine with the 5000SLX.

Yes, you could leave the pads out and use the blocks. But I'm just anal, I made those pads and I'm going to use them. :D

Hmm...
The adapters provide a flat surface that the jack point does not. I am not inclined to give that up. Spoken as a dumbass DIY'r who is smart enough to realize that my home equipment cannot rival a Tesla service center and extra safety precautions are in my best interest.

Last edited:
Yes, you could leave the pads out and use the blocks. But I'm just anal, I made those pads and I'm going to use them. :D

Hmm...
The adapters provide a flat surface that the jack point does not. I am not inclined to give that up.
Totally up to you guys - I have a set of cheaper ones that I use so that I don't have to babysit my jack when lifting the car, but there's zero harm in using something like a hockey puck or other rubberized flat surface. Using the adapters provided with the idiotic Safe Jack RennStands "solution" are far more harmful (ask me how I know). But I don't fault anyone for doing whatever they wanna do. FWIW, my local SC's two-post lifts look something like this - they use it to lift all Teslas w/ nothing extra:

2post-nps10-arms1-300px.jpg

Btw I found an older TMC thread discussing the 5000SLX - a lot of conflicting stories lol:

Quickjack for Model 3 - BL-5000SLX?

Seems like the bottom line is you can use the 5000SLX with purely the blocks, if you want, but they're about maxed out @ ~1" past the holes. And it sounds like the 7000 variant doesn't fit well under lowered cars...

Thanks for sharing - that's useful info. I saw someone else on here mention the same (might've been you) - did you ever try lifting without adapters & straight on the rubber blocks? I believe someone said that it fits just fine when using only the blocks, but I imagine you still have to be precise about it. Option B is to lift the car with the rails positioned perpendicularly, which would give you a few extra inches.

Hey there. I did try to lift the vehicle with only the supplied rubber blocks, but they did not line up very well with Tesla’s lift point holes due to the confined length of the Quickjack SLX frame... at least in my opinion. It’s probably be OK (i.e. won’t cause any real damage to the plastic housing around those lift holes) to place rubber blocks a little off-center of those holes and lift the vehicle that way. I wasn’t completely sure at the time. So, I did not want to take a chance by using just the rubber blocks by themselves.

As for rotating the Quickjack frame 90 degrees so it runs side-to-side (instead of front-to-back) of the vehicle, I did not want to lift the vehicle in that way/orientation. Not because it is not safe... it is perfectly fine/safe to use the Quickjack in that orientation. I simply felt it was a little awkward to lift the vehicle in that orientation and was also thinking it would be more of a hassle to position both Quickjack frames so they sit perfectly perpendicular to the front-to-rear line of the vehicle. IMO, it is easier to lay/run the Quickjack frame in the normal front-to-rear orientation, because you can use the vehicles natural lines to properly position/line-up the Quickjack frame. I was probably overthinking it, since that is what I do with most things... :D

Lucky for me, Quickjack made it really easy for me to get the slightly larger EXT model. And, perhaps most importantly, I felt like I did not have to “compromise” by keeping/using the SLX model. I am sure some (or perhaps even most) Model 3 owners would be perfectly happy with the SLX model. I’m just a little more picky/OCD, I guess... :)

Last edited:
Does the puck deform to match the surface of the jack point, and still provide a flat surface on the other side for the jack ?
If so, that would calm my nerves.
Yes - give it a shot, there isn't much risk. I think modern science has yet to discover the hockey puck. I've been using the same $1 puck I bought from a local rink for 10+ years and have abused the living *sugar* out of it. I've even used it many times on cars with pinch welds and it has yet to show any wear. It's crazy. I think it's finally starting to simply "dry out" after all this time... I'll have to give it a proper burial for its years of service.

Reactions: JBT66 and SageBrush
Hey there. I did try to lift the vehicle with only the supplied rubber blocks, but they did not line up very well with Tesla’s lift point holes due to the confined length of the Quickjack SLX frame... at least in my opinion. It’s probably be OK (i.e. won’t cause any real damage to the plastic housing around those lift holes) to place rubber blocks a little off-center of those holes and lift the vehicle that way. I wasn’t completely sure at the time. So, I did not want to take a chance by using just the rubber blocks by themselves.

As for rotating the Quickjack frame 90 degrees so it runs side-to-side (instead of front-to-back) of the vehicle, I did not want to lift the vehicle in that way/orientation. Not because it is not safe... it is perfectly fine/safe to use the Quickjack in that orientation. I simply felt it was a little awkward to lift the vehicle in that orientation and was thinking it would also be more of a hassle to position both Quickjack frames so they sit perfectly perpendicular to the front-to-rear line of the vehicle. I was probably overthinking it, since that is what I do with most things... :D

Lucky for me, Quickjack made it really easy for me to get the slightly larger EXT model. And, perhaps most importantly, I felt like I did not have to “compromise” by keeping/using the SLX model. I am sure some (or perhaps even most) Model 3 owners would be perfectly happy with the SLX model. I’m just a little more picky/OCD, I guess... :)
Understandable - I'm gonna roll with it and see how it goes. If there's something I don't like about it, Costco's return policy is awesome. I'd like for this to work because I'm far more likely to own a smaller/lighter car in the future than vice-versa. I might post photos here when it arrives.

FWIW - the plastic rocker panel covers can deform considerably before presenting any kinds of issues. Every time I take my car to the SC, they return it with dusty little imprints from their lift and I can tell that it covers a lot more surface area around the jack point than the QuickJack blocks. No issues.