Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quickjack for Model 3 - BL-5000SLX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just used this model on my M3. I would not use it with the jack pads. When I used them, only 3/4 of each jack pad was in contact with the Quickjack's own rubber pads. Those pads also compress a bit, which made the jack pads tilt to the front and back a little. It did not look safe, so I just used the Quickjack's pads. Other than that bit, the Quickjack worked great. Got it from Costco for 1k.

I just used this model on my M3. I would not use it with the jack pads. When I used them, only 3/4 of each jack pad was in contact with the Quickjack's own rubber pads. Those pads also compress a bit, which made the jack pads tilt to the front and back a little. It did not look safe, so I just used the Quickjack's pads. Other than that bit, the Quickjack worked great. Got it from Costco for 1k.

@mnevar,
What was the deal with the jack pads tilting? Did the M3 jackpoints just not measure up and correspond to the Quickjack pads?
Almost pulled the trigger on the same deal but didn’t as I wasn’t sure I’d get enough use out of it for the storage space it’d take up.
Also asked the company a few questions and was frustrated with the responses I was getting and them not answering my Qs directly so just gave up.

Ski

I chose the 5000slx for 4 different cars. I measured the clearance between the front and rear tires for all 4 cars and found the 5000slx to work for all 4 cars.
Here is the measuring guide from quickjack: QuickJack Portable Car Lift Measuring Guide

I also wanted to pick the smallest unit that meets my needs because these are pretty heavy. Each side of the 5000slx is ~80lbs and the pump is ~50lbs.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
I recently purchased the BL-5000EXT, but haven't had a chance yet to use it. I was hoping to use it with the Reverse Logic jack pads.

The EXT version gives you that extra length, as it sounds like the SLX is barely long enough. They do have a frame extension kit now.

I opted for the 12VDC option, and purchased NOCO GB40 battery pack (since I can use it to jumpstart other vehicles, and power dash cams in an emergency).

There are also come coupons floating around. AUTO gives you $100.

@mnevar,
What was the deal with the jack pads tilting? Did the M3 jackpoints just not measure up and correspond to the Quickjack pads?
Almost pulled the trigger on the same deal but didn’t as I wasn’t sure I’d get enough use out of it for the storage space it’d take up.
Also asked the company a few questions and was frustrated with the responses I was getting and them not answering my Qs directly so just gave up.

Ski
The Quickjack pads compress a bit and since they don't fully support the Jack Pads, they Jack Pads tilt a little when the car is lifted. It works just fine without the Jack Pads as the Quickjack pads just do cover the lift point holes.

I recently purchased the 7000EXT because the additional cost is negligible and don’t want to regret in the future not being able to lift an EV SUV.

The rubber pads and jack pads don’t work because of the room; I cut some pieces of 2x6 to insert in the quick jack trays and then my reverse logic jack pads fit perfect!

Just used it swap my 18 Aeros for some 20” Perofmance wheels and tires!

Thanks for the info, I might have to bite the bullet and get one of these since I believe it could lift every vehicle I have currently. I would future proof and go with a bigger and higher weight rating one but there's a good chance it would end up being too large for my smallest cars (Honda Fit and Mini Cooper) to fit on it.

Do you happen to have any photos of how much contact you had with the unibody and the 5000 lift? Did the Quick Jack unibody blocks leave any marring on the underside of your Tesla?

Do you happen to have any photos of how much contact you had with the unibody and the 5000 lift? Did the Quick Jack unibody blocks leave any marring on the underside of your Tesla?

Sorry, no photos. I may be using it again next weekend when I ceramic-coat my winter wheels. I'll post then if I do.

There was no marring. The Quickjack pads just made it past the lift-point holes by about an inch.

Last edited:
Sorry, no photos. I may be using it again next weekend when I ceramic-coat my winter wheels. I'll post then if I do.

There was no marring. The Quickjack pads just made it past the lift-point holes by about an inch.

Thanks, if you end up lifting it again and can take a couple of photos that would be awesome. 1 inch over the lift point holes sounds tight but in theory I suppose it should be fine since the weight is distributed across the entire foam block and it's something like six inches long.