TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

quiet winscreen wipers available

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by TRON, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TRON

TRON Member

Hello dear audience,

I just tested new wiperblade rubbers and they are really fabulous!
    No noise anymore! Really fantastic!

So if someone wants to have some, I will bring them on my around the world Tesla Roadster race (the first around the world electric car race - 80 electric days - world round trip) with me.
    Price: 5 Euros
    Please give me a hint before 1st of May (race start in Barcelona), if I shall bring some with me.
    They are produced by Swissint, a Swiss company, don't know if you can buy them directly from them.
    If not: In US I will pass New York directly to San Francisco and then to LA, tour details will follow soon on the website the first around the world electric car race - 80 electric days - world round trip

CU on the road :rolleyes:

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

If you give us a part number? We could find them online and save you the trouble of hauling (quite literally) halfway around the world.

3. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Do they also work better then the default ones?

And please, do give us a part number. Want those!

4. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Curiosity peaked. (Even though my Bosch Icon wipers are -extremely- quiet.)

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I did a quick search and it looks like Swissint produces wiper blade refills - the blade housing is not replaced. No part number necessary. It also looks likes they primarily sell to after-market automotive service facilities (minimum order that I saw was 1000), so if you want to try it, you need to buy through someone who purchased bulk.

I'm really happy with my Bosch Icon.

6. SByer

SByer '08 #383

I sadly forgot to swap back the OEM blade for the Icon before taking it in for service. Ah, well, it was time for a new Icon blade anyway. :)

Yeah, the Icon works really well and just happens to look good while doing that.

7. JoshG

JoshG Member

hey scott - what part number or size Icon do you buy? Amazon? i'm very near you so if you buy local let me know where.
    thanks!
    -josh

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

The Bosch Icon 426A is the size most people have been buying. Works well but is a little longer than the stock wiper.

9. SByer

SByer '08 #383