Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quietest 21" tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the way the 21" arachnids look on my car but I took them off after a week because the road noise with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports is unbearable. I'm willing to sacrifice grip/performance for better acoustics. Any suggestions on a quieter tire? A last resort would be to sell them and go with a 20" rim.

I had the ContiSilents (foam mat) on 21" Turbines. Quiet as a Tesla could be.

I recently put Arachnids with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s and notice very little difference. Just a bit at slow speeds and nothing at speed.

That said, I have heard more complaints about the Pilot Super Sports (Tesla Spec = foam mat) than any of the other OEM tires. Also, I have read that those who saved a few dollars by going with the non-Tesla spec have regretted doing so. Did you buy these second hand?

They're direct with the Tesla OEM tires. I used them as my summer set up on my 2017 75D then I traded to a 2020 LR+. The car with 19" Eagle Touring (foam filled) is a silent dream but the 21" Michelins are so loud I only had them on my new car for a week and went back to the 19s. I may try the ContiSilents this summer.

Ive tried the Michelin PSS, Continental ContiSport 5P and the Michelin PS4S. Overall the PS4S and the Conti’s are the quietest maybe give the edge to the Contis, but they have a really low tread life than the PS4S. If you want the best of both worlds get the PS4S or if you don’t mind trading off some tread life go with the Contis for some extra silence.

I love the way the 21" arachnids look on my car but I took them off after a week because the road noise with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports is unbearable. I'm willing to sacrifice grip/performance for better acoustics. Any suggestions on a quieter tire? A last resort would be to sell them and go with a 20" rim.

I like these over the Michelin

Cinturato P7 All Season tires | Pirelli

If you can wait until later in the year Michelin just announced a Pilot Sport EV in our size.

Hoping I can make these current tires last until then.

As they won’t be available in the US until later this year, consistent with what Tesla is saying about the refreshed Model S tires, I’m guessing the the Pilot Sport EVs will be supplied with the Model S Plaid+. Here’s more information about the Pilot Sport EVs

Reactions: VaztheDad