Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quietest, Tire? Bridgestone Turanza, Goodyear efficient Grip or Michelin Pilot sport EV?, Continental ecocontact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like every tire manufacturer claims to have a better designed tire for electric cars given the torque.
But which is best for tesla? I just go the & with the 19" and they are pretty loud and not that comfortable.

I'm shopping for new rims, figure I might upgrade the tires as well.

Continental ecocontact Vehicles with Electric Drive Need Special Tires

Michelin PIlot sport EV Michelin - The first MICHELIN Pilot Sport-family tire for electric sports cars

Goodyear Efficient Grip Goodyear introduces its next generation of EV tires

Bridgestone Turanza Bridgestone’s Turanza QuietTrack Tire Silences Electric Cars

Any others? I'm not tracking it, I want comfy, quiet and of course once in a while when i'm on a windy road some handling .

I'm looking at upgrading the shocks to the coil over from Ohlins as well to help soften the ride. But what's the best tire for all year sunny Los Angeles?

Seems like every tire manufacturer claims to have a better designed tire for electric cars given the torque.
But which is best for tesla? I just go the & with the 19" and they are pretty loud and not that comfortable.

Michelin PIlot sport EV Michelin - The first MICHELIN Pilot Sport-family tire for electric sports cars

Bridgestone Turanza Bridgestone’s Turanza QuietTrack Tire Silences Electric Cars

Any others? I'm not tracking it, I want comfy, quiet and of course once in a while when i'm on a windy road some handling .

I'm looking at upgrading the shocks to the coil over from Ohlins as well to help soften the ride. But what's the best tire for all year sunny Los Angeles?

Are any of these available yet in USA? I am in the market for a new set of 20" for wheels I just purchased and was looking at 3 in particular but can wait if the EV specific tries offer Pilot 4S performance!!

1. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
2. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
3. Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

Reactions: cdub715
I've
Are any of these available yet in USA? I am in the market for a new set of 20" for wheels I just purchased and was looking at 3 in particular but can wait if the EV specific tries offer Pilot 4S performance!!

1. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
2. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
3. Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
I've got the DWS06+ and love the ride on them. Big upgrade from stock Conti ProContact RX.

Just put on the Michelin A/S 4 because the DWS06+ are on back order for a month. 2018 Model 3, long range 19inch.

The driving feel is much much better than the stock tires. Not seeing a hit on efficiency on a 400+ mile road trip. Too early to tell about more city driving.

Reactions: hcdavis3

My Model S LR was delivered with Pirelli P-Zero Elect. Tires run at 42psi, and so far seem very quiet, pretty sticky, but a bit hard riding even with the suspension on ”comfort”.