Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quietest tire for 19’s wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a nail this morning and it is unrepairable. My 19” oe continentals are almost worn out anyways at 25k miles (2018 lr rwd).

As road noise is the only real thing that I wish my car does better at, I am looking for the quietest tire.

These look highly rated on this and other forums:

Continental Purecontact LS

Bridgestone QuietTrack

Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Anyone have any experience with these or other tires for road noise? Need to go to discount tire or Costco and get tires tomorrow.

The quietest grand touring tire is Pirelli P7 Cinturato mode (or type?) II, but you'd have to check they have the appropriate load rating. I have the exact tires the M3 LR comes with (Michelin MXM4 235/45/18), and they're noisy as hell. Never again, but that's probably what our incoming M3 LR will have. Oh well.

Reactions: AlasCon
Did way too much reading on this forum and others.

Just got the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II and drove 15 miles home. They definitely ride smoother and are quieter. Performance and road feel also seems pretty good compared to the oem continentals.

I reset the trip computer to check up on the efficiency. Some other reviews on these tires mention there is a large impact on the on the kw/mi so I’ll keep an eye on that. I have 30 days to decide if I keep these or swap out to the purecontact ls. Purecontact is way lighter tire so should be more efficient but TireRack had them as a louder tire in their comparisons between the Pirelli, Michelin, continental, and Bridgestone.

2020 review
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=261

2019 review
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=244

Discount tire in Houston was awesome as usual and got the tires from another location same-day.

Reactions: AlasCon