Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#17) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered EV Tax Credit 2.0, Model Y & 3 Gangbuster Sales, Low Model X Demand, and California FSD Drama.

Quikr Mach 2 hitch rack

Ogre

Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
Is anyone using this hitch rack Mach2 Single Rack - 2" Hitch - QuikrStuff - Proudly made in the USA for Model Y .
This is from the same person that designed 1Up. A bit pricey but have heard great reviews.
If anyone is using it can you share your experience. How does it affect the back camera, sensors etc.

Thanks
Any rack you use with the Model Y is going to tweak the backing camera constantly. I just turn off the reversing alerts and live with it.

Haven’t used the Quikr Stuff rack but I have used the 1Up rack for some time. The big issue I have is the receiver pin is kind of deep in a hole and it’s a bit of a pain to put the lock in and out. You can run it without the pin just using the tensioning ball, but it’s a bit less secure. Maybe the Quickr rack won’t have that issue, not sure how it connects.

I just received my QuikrStuff Rack but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have been using the 1Up Rack for several years but like that this rack takes up less space when storing along with no longer using the ball. Once I have a chance to put it on my MY, l'll post how it works. I paid for the rack in July and just received it, so it's like ordering a Tesla!!

Reactions: Ogre

Ogre

Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
I just received my QuikrStuff Rack but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have been using the 1Up Rack for several years but like that this rack takes up less space when storing along with no longer using the ball. Once I have a chance to put it on my MY, l'll post how it works. I paid for the rack in July and just received it, so it's like ordering a Tesla!!
Interested to hear how it works out. I was very tempted but just couldn't see spending so much.

Prices on the 1Up racks have gone up too so might be different math now.

Ogre

Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
Does that have the 2” receiver? I might be interested. I don’t need the rack itself, but I’d buy the whole rig to get the ramp and resell it. With the 2” receiver it would be more appealing.

(In Eugene but please ping me before you sell it, I might be willing to pop up for a day to grab it)

Does that have the 2” receiver? I might be interested. I don’t need the rack itself, but I’d buy the whole rig to get the ramp and resell it. With the 2” receiver it would be more appealing.

(In Eugene but please ping me before you sell it, I might be willing to pop up for a day to grab it)
Yes it is the 2” receiver and has only been used 4 times.

Thank you look forward to your review

I just bought a model y. Does the quickrack mach 2 mount on the Y? It looks like the safety pin will hit the power harness for the hitch.
I think that would kill the Y application. Looking forward to someone actually trying it on the Y also. These are great systems but do keep in mind if you have fenders it is not going to work unless you grab the edge of the wheels and cinch the bike down somehow.

I finally installed the Quikrstuff Rack on my MY. It is quick and easy to install. And the safety pin can be moved to either side of the rack so it doesn’t interfere with the wiring harness. I haven’t loaded a bike onto it yet but it seems to work just like the 1up rack except smoother. All in all, it is a really nice rack that takes up way less space when not in use.

Just note that for the Model Y - vertical weight limit is 160 pounds. For model X , vertical weight limit is 120 pounds. I have to change my hitch on the X in order to accommodate the quickrstuff rack (which I have on preorder). For 4 bike option - the rack alone is (28 lb+22 x 3) =94 pounds, leaving only about 66 pounds for 4 bikes on the Y, which I think is hard to do unless you only use 4 super light road bikes.

How can I install and use an accessory carrier?
Tesla offers a Model Y Hitch Rack for bikes and a Model Y Ski/Snowboard Carrier for Hitch Rack. The hitch rack attaches directly to the 2” hitch receiver.
The hitch receiver is designed to support vertical loads up to 160 lbs. When carrying bicycles, skis or other items on the Model Y Hitch Rack, always check to ensure that the maximum weight is not exceeded.

loggedout

2021 MYLR5 R/W/19"/Tow/AP VIN: MF302
Jul 29, 2021
Ohio
I finally installed the Quikrstuff Rack on my MY. It is quick and easy to install. And the safety pin can be moved to either side of the rack so it doesn’t interfere with the wiring harness. I haven’t loaded a bike onto it yet but it seems to work just like the 1up rack except smoother. All in all, it is a really nice rack that takes up way less space when not in use.
Great to hear it fits! What's the clearance like with the rack in the vertical position? Can the trunk be opened when in the up position with one rack installed?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC