Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quirks with Easy Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I was sitting in my 2019 M3LR waiting for my wife to grab a few things from a store. Suddenly the car changed to the Easy Entry profile. I'm pretty certain I didn't do anything to switch profiles. I switched back to my profile when my wife got back, and while driving home it switched into Easy Entry again. While going about 50 MPH.

Any idea what's going on here?

Maybe it helps to know my phone is setup as a key, and only my phone (and a card key). Both were in my pocket when the profiles switched.

Does the car anticipate me getting out based on the proximity of my phone to something? Did I shift in my seat, triggering some distance threshold?

Last night I was sitting in my 2019 M3LR waiting for my wife to grab a few things from a store. Suddenly the car changed to the Easy Entry profile. I'm pretty certain I didn't do anything to switch profiles. I switched back to my profile when my wife got back, and while driving home it switched into Easy Entry again. While going about 50 MPH.

Any idea what's going on here?

Maybe it helps to know my phone is setup as a key, and only my phone (and a card key). Both were in my pocket when the profiles switched.

Does the car anticipate me getting out based on the proximity of my phone to something? Did I shift in my seat, triggering some distance threshold?

I've seen that too, when sitting in the car. Usually happens about 10 or 12 minutes after putting the car in park.