TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quirky Charging Error

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Doug_G, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Charged today at a friend's summer home. The only unusual thing about the location is the line voltage is pretty high; it started at 251V and went down to 244V under load. I charged for two hours the first time and everything was normal.

When I returned later, when I plugged in it gave a message, which said approximately "Battery Voltage Low. May charge slowly at first. Recommend using MC240." It was charging at a whopping 7A.

I cycled the slider on the UMC charge cable. The car charged normally.

When I returned an hour later to drive the car, everything was charging normally. I went away for five minutes and as I returned I heard the "brap brap brap" of an error. This time it said, "Charging Problem - ID:920 Data 0x00080000". Cycled the plug again and it started working. Stopped it again and drove home. Seems to be charging normally at home.

2. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

I got that once when my battery was very low. Only mine said use to use the MC120. So I switched to that and after several hours I went back to my UMC. Really could be a problem if that happened on a trip.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, but I had 130 km range left...