Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quiz - Your perfect electric car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everyone we've made fun but serious quiz — "Your perfect electric car."

Your perfect electric car

It's a 1-minute test that helps to find the right electric vehicle according to the given requirements. This is not a final version, and we need feedback from the EV Community.

— Is it giving you relevant results? Is it too fun? :)
— What car do you really like and what was offered by the test?

Please, share your impressions so we can make it better.

It said I’m looking for a Rimac or a Porsche Taycan. Uh... what about Model 3 Performance? I selected small and nimble, road trips for days, fast and under $80,000. This quiz seems to think that both the Rimac and the Porsche are under $80,000. LOL. :rolleyes:

I tried it again with more reasonable settings and it recommended SR+, LEAF and Bolt.

Gotta admit, some of the pictures that show up when you make your selection are hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorAntarov
It said I’m looking for a Rimac or a Porsche Taycan. Uh... what about Model 3 Performance? I selected small and nimble, road trips for days, fast and under $80,000. This quiz seems to think that both the Rimac and the Porsche are under $80,000. LOL. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I selected "under $80K" as well, and it still recommended an S P100D. I think they cost a bit more than that even after the price reductions.

This quiz seems to think that both the Rimac and the Porsche are under $80,000. LOL. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I selected "under $80K" as well, and it still recommended an S P100D. I think they cost a bit more than that even after the price reductions.

Thank you for the feedback guys! It seems that the test went to the "used price" route. Fixing it, so by default, it's going to be leaning towards new cars.

Reactions: SSonnentag
I think that you did a great job of leaving out 50+% of the potential buyers and presenting an elitist perception.

When you start off alluding that $40k is a starting point, that takes you out of reality. You do know that cars costing under $23k are readily available?

That's strange results. I said under $40k. I said I don't care about 0-60. Gave me 2020 Roadser, Rimac, and Porsche Definately a flawed result.

Smart EQ for Two starts at $17,000 after federal tax credit, or $26,500 before.

If 60 miles of range isn’t your cup of tea and you aren’t too pick about looks, the Bolt EV is available for a mere $25,000
I chose just a little differently, but got the exact same three recommendations. Pretty sure none of those meet the "less than 80k" option which I chose. :confused:

Maybe he’s using salvage prices now instead of used prices. ;)

We've fixed the Issue with new\old price. Now the test is leaning towards the new car prices until it's clearly stated that used cars are appropriate.

Maybe present two results, new and used. Some of the results are only available as used, for instance, my second or third choice I was presented with was a P90D I think, which aren't available new.

Thank you for the idea. We're trying to make the test as simple as it can be. Ideally, It should assert one car in the end - the best one for the testee. So we don't want to go for more than three results.

But we'we added links to the database in the end so that one can find more options with a more complex search.

I think that you did a great job of leaving out 50+% of the potential buyers and presenting an elitist perception.

When you start off alluding that $40k is a starting point, that takes you out of reality. You do know that cars costing under $23k are readily available?

Smart EQ for Two starts at $17,000 after federal tax credit, or $26,500 before.

Selecting the right boundaries for the prices, it's quite a challenge. We can't make them too narrow. If there are going to be only a couple of cars - chances that they will fit other criteria are low. So we can fall into a situation that there is nothing to choose for the user. Also, we can't apply incentives because they are different in different regions.

That's strange results. I said under $40k. I said I don't care about 0-60. Gave me 2020 Roadser, Rimac, and Porsche Definately a flawed result.

Fixed!
Should be :)

1) I don't care about the price.
2) No way. If I had enough time, I would travel to the Moon and back at the wheel of my car.
3) Well, actually, I don’t. But I don’t want to own the slowest as well.
4) I never understood that 'mine is bigger than yours…' thing. I prefer lightweight and nimble cars.
5) No, I want it right here right now!

No Results Found

Given my answers, I'd expect to see cars with 300+ miles of range, and Tesla Model S or smaller vehicles, non-performance versions only.

It is quite difficult to get the app to return any Tesla other than a Performance version.

I was able to get the app to return a Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf 62 kW given responses that I intentionally used to try to get those results though, so that worked.

It's improving, but still needs a bit of refinement I think.

I also noticed that once results are returned and you look at the comparison page, and then do a new search and then look at the comparison page again, the old results are included as well. If this is intentional, fine, but I was expecting to only seen the comparison of the latest search results.

No Results Found

Given my answers, I'd expect to see cars with 300+ miles of range, and Tesla Model S or smaller vehicles, non-performance versions only.

We've fixed that too. Apparently, one branch of the logic tree was lost (somewhere in the woods:).
Thank you so much for the comprehensive testing! That helped a lot.

It is quite difficult to get the app to return any Tesla other than a Performance version.

I was able to get the app to return a Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf 62 kW given responses that I intentionally used to try to get those results though, so that worked.

I think that's because of sorting. The app tries to choose the best car available, so if something has passed the price filter, it's going to the top.

If this is intentional, fine, but I was expecting to only seen the comparison of the latest search results.

That was by design. But your approach is much better and coherent. We've changed that too.

Shouldn't the Model X indicate 5 seats standard with 6 and 7 seats available, indicated as grayed out seats?

You're right, it definitely should. We have that on our backlog. But when we triaged features for this month of development, we have choosen to create owner reviews section. As personal experience could be super useful when someone is choosing a car. That was a lot of development, so everything else is kind of on hold.

Here it is: EV Owner Reviews

By the way, If you could give us some feedback on the owner reviews UI (the adding\editing experience), or even maybe add a couple of thoughts about your exp. of owning Teslas that would be super useful.

Our focus was to make an 'adding a review' process to be super easy and streamlined. So anyone could do that with almost no effort.

Reactions: SSonnentag