Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quote Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody comment on this quote please.

This is not Tesla quote obviously, I would have loved Tesla do this project however, when researching, the lack of micro onventors and concealment of the conduit is what made me stay away from Tesla. Alos, I want to be involved in this process and with Tesla, I would not have liked it.

Anyways, here is the quote I like comments please.

Hanwha Q CELLS Q.PEAK DUO BLK ML-G9+ 380
Enphase Micro Inverters
10.1 K system
25 year Warranty
Established vendor with multi state operations (Work done by W2 employees vs Sub Contracting)
$27822.64

How does the price look?
Anything I need to ask/Look out for?
so far, the reviews have been great, BBB A+ ratings and also looks like the company is here to stay

I am strongly considering them for good reviews and good price, All other quotes I received were way higher but they were for sum pro panels, which I have hard time justifying the price.

At first blush that seems like a fair price. Looks like your house is pretty much ready for this (that is, your main service panel can handle the 10 kW solar without any problems).

The only thing worth bringing up at this point is to avoid doing a long-term solar lease. Since you're asking for advice on a cash-out-the-door value, it looks like you're not financing any of this. But I do know there continues to be a strong push for "no up front cost solar" in much of the USA; but those programs should be avoided.

At first blush that seems like a fair price. Looks like your house is pretty much ready for this (that is, your main service panel can handle the 10 kW solar without any problems).

The only thing worth bringing up at this point is to avoid doing a long-term solar lease. Since you're asking for advice on a cash-out-the-door value, it looks like you're not financing any of this. But I do know there continues to be a strong push for "no up front cost solar" in much of the USA; but those programs should be avoided.
Thanks. This is a brand new house with 150 A main breaker panel. I asked them about the panel requirements and was told that I should be fine. I will discuss this further with them when I receive the final design details.

I know that there is a 120% rule for solar backfeed but, what confuses me is "does the main panel bus bars should be able to take all of the current 10k systems produces?", if that is the case, I doubt 10k system would be possible for my panel of 150A.

Care to explain more about this if you don't mind?

Thanks. This is a brand new house with 150 A main breaker panel. I asked them about the panel requirements and was told that I should be fine. I will discuss this further with them when I receive the final design details.

I know that there is a 120% rule for solar backfeed but, what confuses me is "does the main panel bus bars should be able to take all of the current 10k systems produces?", if that is the case, I doubt 10k system would be possible for my panel of 150A.

IMO, you probably don't want me to scare you since I had the absolutely worst experience imaginable with the NEC 120 percent rule. So my experience will cause more fear than anything else.

If Tesla looked at your 150A panel and your house setup and thinks it's ok ... then it should be ok. Luckily for you, PG&E doesn't service Texas.

Navigating this is what you pay the company you hire to do.

@holeydonut I dont think this is a tesla quote, so I dont think it was tesla who looked at the panel, but I may be reading the OPs first post incorrectly. In any case, I agree with you that if the company they are hiring said "its fine" then the panel should be ok.

OP, I am FAAR from any sort of expert on this, but its not "take the 10k of the system size" it has to do with backfeed breakers etc.

I think the price looks reasonable. One year ago, Tesla was selling systems without Powerwalls for $2.01 per watt using either string (Delta) or optimizer (SolarEdge) inverters. So your $2.75 is pretty close considering the microinverter cost.

You probably already know the following and have taken it into account. Anyway, I'll make the assumption that the quote is for Enphase IQ7+ microinverters. These are limited to 290 watts output, so it is likely that you will get noticeable clipping from 380W panels. My estimate assuming south facing panels for cloudless days is that your panels could generate around 70kWh per day from March through August. The biggest loss due to clipping would be 6kWh per day in March, and probably only 1-2kWh in most of the summer. I believe that most of the folks using IQ7+ and posting here are running 340W panels, which would have 3 times less clipping than 380W panels.

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_
I think the price looks reasonable. One year ago, Tesla was selling systems without Powerwalls for $2.01 per watt using either string (Delta) or optimizer (SolarEdge) inverters. So your $2.75 is pretty close considering the microinverter cost.

You probably already know the following and have taken it into account. Anyway, I'll make the assumption that the quote is for Enphase IQ7+ microinverters. These are limited to 290 watts output, so it is likely that you will get noticeable clipping from 380W panels. My estimate assuming south facing panels for cloudless days is that your panels could generate around 70kWh per day from March through August. The biggest loss due to clipping would be 6kWh per day in March, and probably only 1-2kWh in most of the summer. I believe that most of the folks using IQ7+ and posting here are running 340W panels, which would have 3 times less clipping than 380W panels.
Thank you for the response. Yes. "clipping" is what if any I am concerned with at this point, I have asked them to downgrade my panels with better pricing, they said that they can give me 340 panels but price was not going to go down more than 800 dollars. I thought that I would keep 380 for that 800 dollars.