Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

R/C Car, Part Deux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The towers in the photo look like cracking towers used in oil refineries to "crack" oil into gasoline and other petroleum products. Normally no smoke but rather steam can be seen rising from these towers when weather conditions are just right; a small flame usually burns on top of these towers when the refining is in balance but can grow to a large flare-up when the refining process is not operating at its best.

A subtle message on Tesla's part.

Yes, it is an oil refinery. At night. You gotta love the symbolism. I sure did, since I had not seen that picture before.

I was told it's in Spain. The image is also used as a fold out poster in the new Roadster printed brochure (without smoke)

Having the smoke I guess increases the operational contrast.

Last edited:
Funny that they added photoshopped smoke in the version of the photo used at their Roadster image gallery:

a_4508033_web.jpg

On first glance of this image, I thought it might be a coal burning power plant, which would convey a different message all together.

On first glance of this image, I thought it might be a coal burning power plant, which would convey a different message all together.

I am reminded of Kia's cute TV commercial of their SOL that has hamsters as their "spokespersons"; the camera switches between their "cool" SOL and the other hamsters ride i.e. a car made from a cardboard box (not so "cool"). The tag line that makes the commercial work is from a catchy tune and simply states: "You can go with this...or you can go with that" several times over.

I think that is the message Tesla wants the card's recipients to receive.