Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

R187 wheels on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've been searching low-cost option for winter wheels + tires for Model Y LR and came across this posting:

I don't tow, and I only have 1-2 people maximum to seat in the 2nd row, so the load capacity of R187 would be more than sufficient for me.
So, I was just one step before clicking the order button, but then I found a posting here, selling R187 wheels, saying they would not fit his Model Y.
The specification from his/her posting was "Full wheel specification is 18X8.0, 5x114.3, 64.1, 35 offset", so it looks like they are exactly the same spec as the one in the reddit posting above.

What do you guys think? Anyone here have any experience with R187 on Model Y?
I was thinking of R187 + Continental Vikingcontact 7 235/55 R18 H (104).

I've order those size tires but x-ice and have the sensors. I'm looking at those rims for my SR Y as well.
I already have R187 delivered. Hopefully they fit as the reddit post shows.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if replika r241 19x8.5s will fit over performance brakes but I assume they will.
I think R241 will be no problem with any Model Y.

the poster for the ad of used R187 with mounted tires meant to say that the whole rim and tire set do not fit a model Y because of the smaller diameter of the tires would be incompatible for the computer speedo and range calculations. There is nothing wrong with the rims mounting on a LR DM Model Y. I received my PCMTire order last week R187 18" , Michelin True North ICE-X Studded 235/55/18 104, Tesla TPMS all fully installed and balanced. <$2500 shipped. Two center caps were busted. They are sending me 4 new ones.

I haven't mounted them yet on my Y as it still way too warm here in Quebec. Also In Quebec, we only have the right to use studded tires car specifically between October 15 and May 1.

the poster for the ad of used R187 with mounted tires meant to say that the whole rim and tire set do not fit a model Y because of the smaller diameter of the tires would be incompatible for the computer speedo and range calculations. There is nothing wrong with the rims mounting on a LR DM Model Y. I received my PCMTire order last week R187 18" , Michelin True North ICE-X Studded 235/55/18 104, Tesla TPMS all fully installed and balanced. <$2500 shipped. Two center caps were busted. They are sending me 4 new ones.

I haven't mounted them yet on my Y as it still way too warm here in Quebec. Also In Quebec, we only have the right to use studded tires car specifically between October 15 and May 1.
Sorry for the late response, and thanks for the information.

20211015_111425_HDR.jpg

They don't look too bad, I guess.
Actually it was nothing to worry about..
The shop I went to installed them without any problem.

Reactions: Threader